cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Windows 10 freezes during GoToMeeting calls with audio quality fluctuations

Windows 10 freezes during GoToMeeting calls with audio quality fluctuations. Sample scenario: I log in, I use my computer's audio. If the sound quality bar turns red and stays there for more than perhaps 5 seconds, my computer freezes and I have to force it shut.

I have resorted to using phone audio or using the Android app.

Is there a way to resolve this? All my Windows 10 patches are up to date. This issue has been happening for a while and I am only reporting it now that I see the direct connection between the network/audio quality indicator and the freezing.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Windows 10 freezes during GoToMeeting calls with audio quality fluctuations

Hi Wayne,
I'm sorry for the difficulty there.
My first impulse would be to visit the website of your computer's manufacturer, and confirm the product ID in order to upgrade any available drivers for that hardware.

After this is complete, reboot and retest connecting to GoToMeeting's VoIP option again.

New Contributor

Hey Ash,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have done as instructed, the issue is still here. 

Is there anything else I should try?
LogMeIn Contributor

I would also open up the GoToMeeting preferences on the affected PC, and get to the Audio category.  In the Advanced section, disable the options for 'Automatically adjust my system mixer' and 'Use automatic volume and noise processing'.  Then test again.

New Contributor

Thank you - I have done that and will test. For now, I resorted to using a Windows 7 machine - although the audio quality icon occasionally turns red, the computer does not freeze.
LogMeIn Contributor

A red line through your audio icon will usually indicate you've been muted by the organizer or yourself.  If you continue to experience audio problems on that LAN, I would then suggest testing the same device on a different network.

New Contributor

Ash, sorry - let me clarify: it is not the red line across speaker icon. It is the audio quality meter in the upper-right corner. As soon as it turns to red and stays there for more than 5 seconds, the Windows 10 machine freezes. It is not the case with the Windows 7 machine: even if the audio/network quality indicator turns red and a warning pops up, the meeting is not disconnected.
LogMeIn Contributor

At this point, we may be more interested to know exactly what is overloading the Windows 10 machine.  Go ahead and give our Customer Care group a call so that we may investigate fully.

New Contributor

Thank you, Ash - I will have to do that. Disabling the automatic sound controls per your suggestion did not resolve the problem. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GoToMeeting software.
New Contributor

Hi, 

Has this issue been resolved? I'm constantly running into this during the meetings... The recommendations above did not help.