cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Windows message when trying to enter a command, after taking control

I had joined another GTM session since I updated my copy; does that overwrite mine?

I closed all GTM programs/tray sessions I could find. Nothing running on Task Manager. Checked Properties of the Start menu icon, it points to g2mstart.exe in the directory created 8/9/19.  I start a meeting and host it.

Right click on the tray icon, select About, and it shows 8.45.4 Build 13609.  I KNOW when I started a meeting after clearing and reinstalling, it showed a 8.46.?? level. So how did mine get downgraded to the 'defective' version?

New Contributor

Digging a little more because this issue is really starting to annoy me.  Opened the file location shown on the Properties of the desktop/start menu icon.  Details of g2mstart.exe show version 8.45.4.

Moved up one level and I see I now have 4 folders under AppData/Local/GoToMeeting. There was only one when I reinstalled a week ago.  The contents of all 4 folders look to be identical, and have file dates from last week.

Started looking at the version details of g2mstart.exe in each one and I have 8.45.2, 8.45.3, 8.45.4, and 8.46.0.  My icon 'default' is the 8.45.4 directory.

I updated the icon path to use the directory with the 8.46.0 version, started GTM and now it shows that level.

So every time I connect to another meeting (that I don't start) that uses an older version, my system is going to get downgraded and I have to manually update the shortcut??

LogMeIn Contributor

@ITSGPete  8.46 is the current default, and we'll be upgrading everybody to this software within the next week or so.  You should not have this problem moving forward.