cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owengabriel12

adjusting bandwith automatically or manual. How low can you set the bandwith?

Hello Everybody,

I have a Internetconnection with the very poor upload-bandwith of 676 kBit.

Anyway I have to do audio-conferencing with screensharing. 

Can I manually adjust the used bandwith to 40-60 kBit for Audio and for 100-200 kBit fpr screensharing.

It is very clear 200 kBit is small. But in my case it is totally acceptable if the screensharing upfdate ony every 5 seconds.  

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: adjusting bandwith automatically or manual. How low can you set the bandwith?

@owengabriel12  You can't adjust the speed at which GoTo transmits, however I can offer some suggestions for your next meeting:

1. Dial into the audio portion via telephone, if this is offered as an alternate to mic & speakers in the audio section of your GoTo control panel.
  2. Avoid sharing webcam feeds to minimize the bandwidth needed while in session.
  3. Use screen sharing to start, and pause on specific slides instead of continually sharing uninterrupted.  This will also keep the information being passed to a minimum.

If you're using a Windows machine there, feel free to run the GoTo Connection Wizard to confirm you have the best route enabled: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/install-and-run-the-connection-wizard-windows 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!