cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gajtguyAA
Active Contributor

cell phone friendly dial in

I think many of us want customizable meeting info. But I'd also like a cell phone friendly string of text created within the invite. Right now I've got to type that myself, for EVERY meeting.  Sometimes others on my team setup a meeting and they dont remember how to do this.

I add line just like this:
      Cell Friendly: 999-555-1212,,123456789#

The two commas are used to give a couple pauses so the user can connect to the gotomeeting services.  Two commas seem to do the trick whether the system picks up quickly or slowly.

Now how can this be baked into the default message?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: cell phone friendly dial in

Hi,

I am happy to report that Mobile users can now easily dial into a meeting with just one click!

Invitations generated from the desktop app, mobile app, web, and Outlook plugin will now display clickable phone numbers and access codes. When a mobile user clicks this number or the Phone icon, they will be automatically dialed into the meeting without having to enter in the phone number or access code!

invitationsvc094_invite.PNG

Please note: When you schedule a meeting on the website and copy the meeting information, make sure the meeting invitation you are pasting into is set to HTML and not plain text.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking these attendees are only dialing in to the phone conference part of the GoToMeeting and not viewing the screen as well? 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gajtguyAA
Active Contributor

That's correct.  While we may have the web broadcast "on", sometimes the members of our team have to be on the road and audio only. In order to keep their focus on the road, a single click dial string is the safest thing to do.

I just thought about editing the string to include an extra # for audio pin.
      Cell Friendly: 999-555-1212,,123456789#,,#
R L1
Active Contributor

+1, as a person who dials in from traffic, having a cell friendly invite would be VERY beneficial, and safer.
Edward Beck
Active Contributor

This would be GREAT since every invite I have to copy & paste and edit two strings from each invite to put in the location field. Makes calling in much easier on my cell - which I used for all business.
Aaron Olmstead
New Contributor

Link that smartphones can use do dial in and enter meeting id with one click

The default meeting invite does not have link that enables smart phone users to simply click the phone number + PIN and be connected to the meeting. Users must either memorize or write down the 9 digit code, then enter it manually in their phone after connecting. Other conference call providers have a simple link with the phone number and meeting ID combined, so you simply click this link and it will dial the number AND enter in the meeting ID without forcing the users to manually enter in the meeting ID. You can actually do this yourself by modifying the text the invite (phone number w/ no spaces or dashes then semi colon then meeting code with no spaces or dashes then a # sign, e.g. 3127573121; 123456789#. It amazes me that GoToMeeting lacks this incredibly simple yet incredibly useful format for it's users.

David261
New Contributor

I also have the same problem.  My whole company uses iPhones and the BlackBerry use of a semi colon ";" mean that I need to remember a nine digit number.  I have to pull over to the side of the road when driving to input the code and often get locked out of meetings...
charlene elliot
New Contributor

Handsfree dialing - need a safe option for number and meeting ID from phones/cars

Handsfree dialing - need a safe option for number and meeting ID from phones/cars; my boss recently had to attend a meeting from his vehicle but had to pull over to enter the meeting ID information -- need to have a way that smartphone users and from bluetooth you can use a single dial number
Adrian Iglesias
Contributor

Re: Handsfree dialing - need a safe option for number and meeting ID from phones/cars

Hi Charlene,

As an extra suggestion, remember that if someone is joining from an iPhone or Android smartphone that is able to use the GoToMeeting app, joining through the app may be the easiest approach.  If they have the join link in their email for example, hitting the link on the phone would launch into the GoToMeeting app to join and automatically connect to the VoIP for the audio.  If they are driving and their phone's bluetooth is connected into the car, it would be just like being on a phone call while in the car.

Thanks,
Adrian

Doug Boreham
Active Contributor

This should be a really easy add simply by updating the template.  Simply take the phone number, add a semi colon ";" followed by the Access Code and finally the hash/number sign "#" and this request is resolved.  The dedicated ones among us do this manually when editing an invite, but this gets to be time consuming.