cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msavoie
New Contributor

gotomeeting crashes on Big Sur when connected to Pulse VPN

Anyone else having this problem? For me, it's consistent, can't share screens when I'm on the VPN and often times the application has a full crash.  I've debugged with the team in charge of the VPN as well as my mac SA and they all point at G2M.  I just can't find anyone else having this problem.  I can reproduce this with a coworker also on BigSur and verify that it doesn't happen with Catalina.  I can use zoom, and slack calls on the VPN without incident as well.  Would love to get this sorted.

I've tried a number of different G2M clients, but currently on G2M Version 10.15.0 Build 19228, Pulse Secure V 9.1.11 (6727) and Big Sur 11.2.3.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: gotomeeting crashes on Big Sur when connected to Pulse VPN

@msavoie  The only thing I can think of that might have changed with Big Sur functionality is the additional security requirements for screen and audio sharing.  If the problem doesn't occur when you're not on the VPN, then maybe the local security behavior changes somehow afterwards.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
msavoie
New Contributor

Not sure what you're meaning here. It definitely only happens on the VPN, but this is the only product that seems to be affected negatively (at least in terms of having meetings, screen sharing and what not).  I have a number of logs but they don't seem to make much sense to me.

2021-03-23 12:15:05.515 PST C: [GoToMeeting] <ld::getFlagValue thread> Exception: A:I N:"NSUncaughtSystemExceptionException" R:"Uncaught system exception: signal 13" T:"UNKNOWN"
2021-03-23 12:15:05.515 PST C: [GoToMeeting] <ld::getFlagValue thread> +[COLCrashLogger logCrashData:]_block_invoke - CAT=LogUpload MDUMP BEGIN 700

Is there something I can do to debug this further?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm afraid we can't troubleshoot the connection through the VPN itself, but you can run a trace to see exactly where the connection is being lost, by checking the route to egwglobal.gotomeeting.com.

msavoie
New Contributor

It's not the connection being lost, but a violation that crashes the application.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We did recently update some IP ranges, so perhaps this had some relation to the sudden change.  

Here's the full spread: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010 

msavoie
New Contributor

Thanks, I will pass this on to the team that manages the vpn.  I don't have a full grasp of this, it's still weird to me that it's only Big Sur, and not Catalina though.