cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

how to change the email address used to send invitation ?

I have configured several mailbox in outlook.
When I invite attendees to an immediate or planified meeting, the email address which is chosen to send email is not the one I want to use.
So each time, I have to change in the email template before sending.
is there a way to fix the email address to use to send email invitation ?
I do not see anything in the gotoMeeting preferences.

Moreover, it does not pick the email address of the default mailbox account.

thanks for your help
Best regards
Regis
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: how to change the email address used to send invitation ?

Solved the issue : in Account Preferences in Outlook where you define your mailbox as "default" i needed to change the "data file" (OST...) (one tab right) to my new 2nd email account which i want to have as default calender sending account et voilá , now it picks the proper account after changing there the OST/data file to the new additional mailbox.

so everyone who has the same problem just should change both settings to the newly additonal mailbox as "default" and then the proper mailbox is used for new calender invites.

regards
ben
18 REPLIES 18
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Regis,
I apologize, but I'm afraid GoToMeeting was not designed for Outlook to choose between email accounts when scheduling.  It should pull from the default or active email account in theory.

Another idea might be to right-click the GoToMeeting icon in your task bar, and select 'schedule meeting' in order to copy the invitation template into an email of your choosing.

New Contributor

Hi Ash,
thanks a lot for the reply.
I workaround as you says by creating an event in the good calendar and it works.
Best regards
Regis
New Contributor

Why is there no choice for which Outlook calendar i want to schedule my meeting in on the Mac plugin?

Why is there no choice for which Outlook calendar i want to schedule my meeting in on the Mac plugin?
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Why is there no choice for which Outlook calendar i want to schedule my meeting in on the Mac plugin?

Hi Morten,
Unfortunately the GoToMeeting calendar plugins only have the ability to use the current default address in the local application, as it will always use what's currently the default there.

New Contributor

How do I change the email that is used to send out Invites and receive responses?

After I installed a new Windows 10 computer, when I schedule a meeting, the email going out uses an email account that is NOT my default (and Preferred) email account (in Outlook 2016), but is the original account that I created when installing the computer (because it was a Microsoft live.com account). 

I can change it manually in the Outlook email message--but I would like it to default to the Preferred account (which is my default Send From Account in Outlook). 

Please note that my GTM account authentication is based on my Preferred email account and not the account that was used to set up this computer. 

I don't see a way to change the email account to my Preferred account.  Please HELP!  Thanks!
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I change the email that is used to send out Invites and receive responses?

Hi Alan,
Are you only talking about GoToMeeting, or some other GoTo services?
The reason I ask is because GoToMeeting does not send any emails to Attendees, as the Organizer is responsible for communications in this regard.

Your question (as far as I can tell) is one for Microsoft:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-email-account-settings-58b62e89-6a9b-467b-8865-d5633...

New Contributor

Re: How do I change the email that is used to send out Invites and receive responses?

This relates to GoToMeeting only.  GTM creates an Outlook Email message with the text and the sender's email (me) entered.  So, GTM is passing something to Outlook through automation.  I believe that I have seen this before and was able to then point to the email address that I wanted to use.  I can't figure it out now.  It seems to me that anyone with multiple email addresses can face this issue.  There must be a way to pass the desired email address to the target email client--well...there SHOULD be a way.  Right now, I'm stuck.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Alan,
I'm afraid you'll want to lean on Microsoft for support on selecting which email address is sent from.  The only thing GoToMeeting is capable of is populating a template into a new meeting or appointment.

Reference:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Choose-which-email-account-to-use-to-send-an-email-message-...

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recognize and change default email address used to send meeting invites.

How do I get Meeting scheduler to recognize a new email address in my outlook folders? HOw do I change the default email address used to send meeting requests?