cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZooDad

iOS Attendee webcams sometimes appear upside down

We have been using GoTo for a few weeks now without any issues.  We use a variety of devices.  The host has the professional account.  We have 8 users on his desktop screen.  But now as of yesterday all the iOS users webcam images are upside down.  The host is the only one with this issue.  He has restarted the computer and drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Interesting webcam display

@ZooDad Are you able to confirm any of the iOS device models / operating systems and GoToMeeting versions installed there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JimN

We have seen this same issue for some of our iOS (iPad) connected users.  It doesn't happen every time, but some days they join a video conference and the host (or other participants) see them displayed upside down.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this?  Thank you.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We are aware of a glitch like this when attendees join via some iOS methods, and plan to improve this experience very soon.  Please have the affected attendees re-install the GoToMeeting app on their device if this occurs frequently. 

pkoszka
New Contributor

Any news on the issues? Is there a new version which addresses this problem?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@pkoszka  If you are seeing this yourself, please confirm the iOS device and GoToMeeting app version installed. 

pkoszka
New Contributor

I don't have a version number and iOS version from the user. They are using it on one of the newer iPad models. I can see that you are aware of this issue and working on a solution. I'll wait for the next version(s) to see if it improved our sitaution.

BryanK
Visitor

We're seeing this too!   Our Director said that if this problem isn't solved, she wants to switch to ZOOM.   😕

The conference organizer is seeing this for some of the participants who are using iPADs.  We don't know which version of iPAD they're using.   Participants do not see the upside-down video.  Just the host.

milkro

Re: iOS Attendee webcams sometimes appear upside down

we have the same issue on ipad. One of them is the CEO of the company.  They are asking to move into webex or zoom. We just cant deal whit this situation in IT. Any news? at this point im putting my job on the line for this glitch

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: iOS Attendee webcams sometimes appear upside down

Hi,

The latest news around this subject is that it only occurs when the attendee's mobile device is rotated after joining the GoToMeeting.  In order to reverse the view they can flip the hardware back the other way again to send the webcam view upright again.  I expect a fix for the iOS app in the coming weeks, and thank you for your patience.