cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

iPhone behaviour when connecting to audio by phone

When using GTM on my iPhone, I usually connect to audio by phone, both to cut down on the bandwidth when using the cellular network and to improve the audio quality (send and receive).

GTM is an absolute pain in this mode. If I move from WiFi to LTE, GTM has to reestablish the connection and, although the phone link is still active, it loses the connection between the GTM session and the phone call.

If I switch to another app and I miss or ignore the nag message about having to return to GTM and GTM terminates or leaves the meeting, when I return to GTM it has lost the connection to the meeting, even though the phone call is still active. When I rejoin the meeting, it doesn't resynchronize with the still-active phone call.

With VoIP, this is never an issue; because GTM has to keep the VoIP connection open, it never leaves the meeting, not matter how long the app is in the background. While I understand that app termination is sometimes at the discretion of the underlying operating system and that one of its criteria is whether or not the app is using audio in the background, I don't have this trouble  with WebEx. With WebEx, no matter how long I'm away from the app, if I return to the app while the meeting is still going on, even if the app has been terminated, it reconnects to the meeting and recognizes that my active phone call is part of its session.

Please fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: iPhone behaviour when connecting to audio by phone

Hi @KDeanGS1 ,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for the feedback.

What you described is definitely a pain point for many with the iOS behavior, and I think you've brought up a good point that the experience is not the same with all applications.  I'll share your comments and user experience with the development team .

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @KDeanGS1 ,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for the feedback.

What you described is definitely a pain point for many with the iOS behavior, and I think you've brought up a good point that the experience is not the same with all applications.  I'll share your comments and user experience with the development team .

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you, much appreciated.