cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

"Meeting in the past" notification when trying to schedule gotomeeting in Google Calendar

Using Mac OSx 10.11.6 and google calendar plugin. Getting the message that "Session in the past Unfortunately you can't create a Go To Meeting in the past. "
This is occurring when a meeting is being scheduled using the google calendar interface in a chrome web browser (gtools/corporate accounts) using the GTM plugin for google cal. Sessions are from several hours to several days in the future.
System clock settings have been checked, time zone of the meeting invite has been checked, and no luck scheduling the meeting.

*Note: this began happening at the same time as the loss of the "start" button and it being only "add" when you re-access a previously scheduled meeting that was created using the process above.

23 REPLIES 23
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "Meeting in the past" notification when trying to schedule go to meeting for the future

Hi Michelle,
This issue is because CompanionLink 5 for Google is syncing calendars in background at the time of error.  Please try this to resolve the issue:

1. Open CompanionLink 5 for Google
  2. Click Advanced Settings
  3. Click Calendar
  4. Under Date Range enter 0
  5. Click OK

New Contributor

Re: "Meeting in the past" notification when trying to schedule go to meeting for the future

Hello Ash, Can you please tell me what companion link 5 is, and where to find it? I have never heard of that program before.
LogMeIn Contributor

Companion link is a helping software for email and calendar applications:  https://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

You should be able to also remove it from your programs list if needed.

New Contributor

Sorry, but I'm not 100% sure this is relevant. We have google calendar open in chrome. We are not syncing to anything, just the native google calendar option in the browser. The only "add-on" is your go to meeting extension for google calendar, again running in the chrome tab which houses the google calendar.
It seems like companion link is for connecting to other systems ie outlook, apple ical etc. 
Unless companion link is built into chrome, I'm not sure it will solve my issue. Would it be best at this point to speak with technical support one on one to discuss this matter, or am I missing something important here?
Given that the setup we have was working up until a few days ago I am hesitant to have my whole team add another piece of software if it is not absolutely needed.
LogMeIn Contributor

If you don't have this program installed, have you tried reinstalling the GoToMeeting plugin?  I'm not currently aware of a connection between the two issues, but it's possible something else is happening there.

New Contributor

I have the same issue, has been so since last week Smiley Sad
New Contributor

It seems a gmail plugin wasn't allowed to access the time, when re-approved and update a calendar invite with a new GTM booking it started to work again
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Johan, would you mind sharing how you re-approved the plug-in?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Re: "Meeting in the past" notification when trying to schedule go to meeting for the futu

hi all,

unfortunately this issue still exists, despite all usual actions such as emptying cache, turning plug-in on and off, etc.

interesting: this error message only appears in case if trying to book an appointment in the next calendar month.

any bookings until 31 Jan 2019 will have the Gotomeeting link generated,

any bookings as of 1 Feb will receive the above discussed error message, by clicking the ADD button:

unfortunately,you can't create a GoToMeeting in the past

any ideas how to solve this????

many thanks in advance,

Peter