cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DC11
New Contributor

sound on one speaker with MacBook Pro

I have a macbook pro, and when I use GTM, the sound only comes out of one speaker, which makes it hard to hear. I don't have issues with the speakers with any other apps. Using Sierra 10.12.2.

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: sound on one speaker with MacBook Pro

Hi DC,
Sorry about that.   This was by design in order to reduce the feedback on Macbooks where the microphone input is directly next to the speaker output.

DC11
New Contributor

They are built-in speakers...GTM is the only app that doesn't properly work for sound.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi DC,
We've found that the MacBook Pro has the functionality of also using a built-in microphone directly below the left speaker, which can easily cause echo if you are unmuted.  This speaker has been disabled through GoToMeeting in order to avoid any feedback to GoToMeeting participants.  I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

JFran1
New Contributor

Is there a real fix for this problem coming anytime soon?  Just having GoTo Meeting to disable the left speaker is not a solution.  I use several other communication apps (such as Skype) and it works fine.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi JFran,
We made this decision based on the performance of this particular Apple model, but of course it's subject to change if we develop an adjustment in the future.  I apologize if this inconveniences you in any way.

Cody Beckner
New Contributor

Is there a way to enable the left speaker when the mic is muted?  That would solve the feedback issue while giving a richer experience the rest of the time.  Also, some sort of note about WHY only one speaker is working would be nice from a user experience perspective.
Michael16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Cody, at this time it is not possible to configure this from the software's interface. I can relay your question as feedback to our product team to see if this can be implemented in a future update.

JolieG
New Contributor

Agreed, this issue is SUPER OBNIXIOUS. Have to crank the volume to hear what the speaker is saying through the right speaker and it's like they're talking into a tin can. It's literally headache-inducing. I've made a request for our company to drop GTM entirely, since we're all using Apple machines, and this issue seems to carry over when using headphones.

If you'd like to keep Apple users, fix the darn issue. It was a poor feature decision.

Tags (2)
ECarrier
New Contributor

2.5 years later from the last post and this issue is still unresolved!  Cody has suggested such a simple solution, I can't believe it hasn't been implemented.