cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Add the option to disable auto scrolling when Host has more than one monitor.

My solution is to disable the second monitor, until they provide this option of suppressing auto scroll.
Active Contributor

Re: Add the option to disable auto scrolling when Host has more than one monitor.

Hi,

Just a small update.  I am very sorry, we don't yet have the ability to disable the scrolling completely, but I have a piece of information for all of you and an update that may help.  

Scrolling is activated when:
You hold down a left click and move your cursor toward the edge of the current monitor toward your next monitor

Scrolling can be de-activated by:
Clicking on the arrow to switch a monitor
Using the switch monitor keyboard shortcut

We are rolling out a new build of GoToMyPC.  That's version 8.4 build 1704.  This build lets you switch between monitors with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Windows Key + ALT + Arrow key.  This shortcut should hopefully let some of you be more productive while you are working.  Another advantage is that you can use it to toggle between monitors and de-activate scrolling if it's been triggered.  

Note:  Some of you might have hotkeys with your graphics card that may accidentally rotate your display, so be sure and remap or disable it

Other tips:
You might run into situations in which you've a lot of things to do between monitors.  You can hold down the Ctrl Key and the Windows Key and hold down a left click to quickly scroll between monitors (it takes a little getting used to, but it may help).

You can use the keyboard shortcut to switch between monitors when you are finished to disable screen scrolling.
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Kyle but one thing you've said is definitely not the case for me:

Scrolling is activated when:
You hold down a left click and move your cursor toward the edge of the current monitor toward your next monitor
My GoToMyPC window scrolls my remote desktop when I'm not holding down any mouse buttons.   This happens any time I mouse anywhere near the edges of the window.
New Contributor

I think I will try Greg's idea to disable my extra monitors while I'm travelling.
New Contributor

It does the same thing when I minimize the screen to see the other items on my desktop - since I go back and forth from the remote desktop to a spreadsheet on my current computer, this makes this almost unusable.  I think I am going to have to find another program for what I want to do unless you can add an option for a scroll bar along the side.  Please make a way to disable this feature.
New Contributor

Same for me.  Enough to make one use language that would make a sailor blush.
New Contributor

Update:  I messed around a little and confirmed what I had thought:  When I first log into a session, I don't get the scrolling.  My view on the client stays stable on one host screen or the other, and I can click the little green arrow at the side of the screen to switch.  But after awhile I get the annoying scrolling behavior and I can't figure out how to make it stop.  I reiterate what Sam said, I get the behavior WITHOUT HOLDING DOWN ANY BUTTONS.  All I have to do is approach the edge.  Sometimes the scrolling starts before I even get the cursor close enough to click on some desired object near the screen edge, and I want to scream.

When I was using a Mac as the client there was a button at the top to select "scroll" or "click" screen-switch behavior, and if I re-selected "click" it behaved for awhile. Mac went the way of all the earth and now that I have a PC (Win8) client I can't even find the button.

Since it has been a couple months since Kyle said a fix was on the way, I tried both "control window arrow" and "control alt arrow."  I was able to compress both host views side by side on my client monitor so everything was tall and skinny, but then I couldn't get out of that view.  Shall we say, less than useful!  By the way, I'm running a Win7 host with Win8 client.

I think I need Greg's work-around.  To disable the second monitor can I just kill the power switch, or is there more to it?  I would be disabling most evenings and enabling most mornings, so it needs to be pretty painless.
New Contributor

Wheres the fix????? This is driving me insane
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Carl,
I have noticed if I keep my GoToMyPC Client viewer window at the same relative frame size as my Host desktop (either monitor you're working on), then the scrolling is not automatic, but only when I click on the side arrow towards an extra monitor.  When I expand my viewer to something larger than the Host desktop space, then scrolling seems to be automatic.

New Contributor

3 years and no fix yet?  How hard could it be to have a simple check box to disable scrolling side to side WHEN the mouse even approaches the edge of the first monitor?  Seriously - 3 years?  Seems like a simple piece of javascript would be able to comment out the code section that makes this "feature" work.  

And why is it that sometimes it doesn't work (which I love when it doesn't) = then other times it does work?  

This is a VERY ANNOYING feature.  Every time I go to even click the back button, gotomypc scrolls to the left.  So annoying.  

Another idea to fix this - simple shrink the area that you have to place the mouse to auto scroll left or right.  So instead of making the entire edge of the screen activate the auto scroll, make a little 150px box in the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER  activate the auto scroll, and leave the rest of the edge alone.  Then users could click the arrow on the edge of their screen to quickly jump to the other monitor - or go the bottom left of the screen.  

The second "fix" (shrinking the area you have to place the mouse to start "auto scroll") should take a coder about 10 minutes to implement, not 3 years.  

Seems like a simple way to make this issue with YOUR customers a non issue.