cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Anyone using gotomypc on satellite internet ?

Trying to work from home (accessing QuickBooks on a remote PC in the office) has been hit & miss over the last year on DSL (Frontier) and has bene terrible lately (everything is slow - not just gotomypc).  Sometimes when things bog down, I hit a key then wait to see it register on the remote PC.  Wondering how this would behave if we switched to satelliet (HughesNet) given the latency time - I've never worked on satellite internet before, but have read about the latency and how it's not good for real time gaming.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
New Contributor

Re: Anyone using gotomypc on satellite internet ?

p.s. this would be on the client side ... the remote computer I connect to is on cable internet.
LogMeIn Contributor

@ctyankee   With Satellite Internet you will notice a fast download time (as in streaming TV channels), but perhaps a slower upload speed, (sometimes dial-up speed).  So this is an important question to ask your specific provider. 

What you can do to enhance the GoToMyPC speed is adjust the Host preferences under the Performance tab to Better Speed.

G2PprefsSpeed.PNG

New Contributor

Thanks - I'll give that a try, though I'm not sure anything's going to help when our DSL connection tanks ...

LogMeIn Contributor

@ctyankee  One other idea, if you have unlimited cellphone data with your telecom plan:  Use the GoToMyPC mobile app or turn your smart phone into a hotspot while you use GoToMyPC on your PC.

New Contributor

We live in CT where you'd think we'd have decent connectivity, but no cable, no fiber, and no cell service at our house (we use AT&T - I think friends with Verizon phones get 1 bar on our second floor) ...