cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Download server responded with status 404

hi! im getting this - Citrix Online Launcher encountered an error:
Download server responded with status 404. Failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers.

please help.thanks!!
24 REPLIES 24
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Download server responded with status 404

Hi Mellanie, I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue with connecting to your host computer, as well as for the delay in responding to your issue. Are you still experiencing this problem, or does it appear to have resolved itself?

I've been seeing different iterations of the same general issue that you are experiencing; it could be a firewall or antivirus program that is preventing the launcher from downloading the viewer files from our server. It could also be a permissions issue on a folder that the launcher uses on your computer.

Regardless, it would be difficult to determine the exact cause without doing some digging on the host computer. I highly recommend you give our 24/7 support team a call at your earliest convenience so that one of our representatives can connect with you and gather more information.

New Contributor

hi! I'm still getting the same error using multiple computers. Does it mean that the problem might be from the computer I'm trying to gain access to? Thank you very much. 
Error: Download server responded with status 404. Failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers.
New Contributor

Our host PCs have same error...

But.. I am sure that this error was caused from firewall or antivirus program on Client PC...
because when I tried to connect to host PC by app on my phone, It was possible to connect..

So. I need to know where can I download older version of GoToMyPC s/w(Recently version is somthing wrong)

or what should I do for connecting to host PC by my PC...

Looking forward to your quick reply

thanks.. 
New Contributor

Hi Mellanie,

Did your issue has been resolved?
Coz Im getting the same error here now.
New Contributor

Hi desiree, nope the issue didnt get resolved.had my computer reformatted hoping it will but still the same error.
New Contributor

Hi,
Please tell the owner of the PC host to update the gotomypc
My client did this. earlier and it works now.
New Contributor

Will do..thanks a lot!
New Contributor

Hello I am getting the same problem on my Client computer when I am trying to connect to one of my host computers. other host computers working ok from the same client computer. Also the host computer when accessed with mobile seems ok. So the problem is between the client computer and one host computer. Very strange!!
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,
That does sound strange, and it's good you've isolated it to one host PC or location.  Since you've made it this far, it might be worth testing can you go to the problem host, and open up the software preferences (right-click the system tray icon).  From there, under the 'Connection' tab, disable 'Direct Connections' ('Not Allowed').  Then, test your client connection once again to see if there are any improvements?