cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GoToMyPC Price change

GoToMyPC DOUBLED my subscription rate, then autorenewed and started taking DOUBLE direct from my credit card. I did not authorize, nor confirm any such changes. I called "customer service" and they would do nothing for me (except give me a discount if I bought an annual subscription, starting the next month...). Does anyone else feel like this is a total scam??

Thanks,
Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToMyPC Scam

Hi Erik,

I appreciate that the increase in price from your previously discounted rate may feel like a large increase.  We provide a premium remote access solution and we’re bringing up prices to the current market value. 

We have made significant improvements to GoToMyPC such as Free Mobile Apps and increased security options such as 2-Factor Authentication.  Subscriptions also now includes a LastPass Premium license.   All affected customers are sent an email notifiying them of the new pricing weeks before it is implemented. 

You may also utilize this guide on cancelling your subscription if needed.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
28 REPLIES 28
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Erik,

I appreciate that the increase in price from your previously discounted rate may feel like a large increase.  We provide a premium remote access solution and we’re bringing up prices to the current market value. 

We have made significant improvements to GoToMyPC such as Free Mobile Apps and increased security options such as 2-Factor Authentication.  Subscriptions also now includes a LastPass Premium license.   All affected customers are sent an email notifiying them of the new pricing weeks before it is implemented. 

You may also utilize this guide on cancelling your subscription if needed.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Improvements and such a great (yay, thanks...), but if you are going to MORE THAN DOUBLE the price, don't you think it's fair to get some sort of confirmation? Tell me one bill you get (car payment, cell phone, cable, anything) that if it more than doubled (without knowing - money taken from account/credit card), you would be totally okay with...? Simply sending an email (only) is not good business practice. If I do not read/see or even get the email, then I have not been notified, correct? GoToMyPC/Logmein is a technology company, you could've simply added a "confirm" feature to any email. GoToMyPC didn't because many would cancel their subscriptions for such a big increase. That is what make's it ethically questionable.

New Contributor

Yeah, I just logged in to let you all know that I cancelled two 4 pc accounts because of this massive rip-off. tripple the price in one year? Like, just when there is so much competition out there? Smart choice. 

My gut feeling is you'll be begging us to reconsider - but no thanks, a message to your CEO or COO that this will not be tolerated. 

New Contributor

Yes, very much so. looked at my billing and it's doubled year on year since 2014.

Cancelled today and organised a refund. This company will never see another dime from me and I will for sure steer people well clear of it

New Contributor

I have been a GoToMyPC customer for 6 years, but now that the takeover by LogMeIn is complete and the crazy increase in prices has been implemented.  You can just LogMeOut!

I've been testing Google Chrome Remote Desktop and it works great without any annual fee at all.

New Contributor

I too feel as you do. As an 11 year subscriber to the gotomypc program non of the added features have been or would require that my subscription price go from $ZZ to $ZZ. I called and talked to the supervisor in Costa Rica and he too told me the best they could do was give me the prorated credit for the pre-paid services I had not used, than offered me the small discount.

My biggest question is, why did they not give us the option to sign in and set it up before just automatically charging us an increased rate. Microsoft office increased there rates, but they forced me to go through the options for payments and forced to select the best one before renewing and opening the services up. Making me fully aware of the changes.

I am beyond disappointed. I feel there was a dishonesty to this process and I vote with my wallet. There are great options out there that are free. I reduced my services down to the minimum and I will evaluate if I need this service at all. If I don't I will cancel 100% use.

Sadly-Your Loyal Customer,
mfcs

New Contributor

Re: New users beware!! Not happy with pricing, Quit logmein!!

I was a GOTOMYPC  customer since 2005. The new price increases are basically telling people they no longer want our business which makes zero sense to me..I have canceled my subscription and am still puzzled as to  why the company is looking to drive it's most loyal customers away? It makes zero sense. Would love to hear an explantion...The service worked perfectly for me and needed no improvements. A 5-10% increase would have been reasonable but not 700%.

Peter

Active Contributor

Re: GoToMyPC Price change

total scam, and scum working the system.

Tags (1)
Active Contributor

Re: GoToMyPC Price change

You have to take it up with a sr. customer service rep.  All I can say is that they worked it out. 

@Eusrosis wrote:

total scam, and scum working the system.