cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GoToMyPC - whenever I remote into my host computer the mouse disappears

When I remote in from say my laptop to my desktop, the mouse will disappear on the screen. If I move my mouse up to the top ribbon, then it will appear again, but eventually it will disappear.

Also, when I disconnect and then start using my desktop that was remoted into, the mouse will not be visible on the computer or sometimes the mouse cursor will become a line.

What's going on here? This is driving me crazy.

4 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToMyPC - whenever I remote into my host computer the mouse disappears

Hi @ibroad,

Can you please tell me more about your host computer, what operating system does it run? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

@GlennD

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.4GHz

64GB RAM

AMD FirePro W7100 GPU

New Contributor

Just got off the phone with tech support for this same issue. I was told it was not gotomypc's problem and I needed to bring in an "IT" guy to fix it. My problem is even worse than yours. I've lost mouse completely on my server at my business. I'm going to do a restore and wipe out all of the software because I believe it's the printer drivers that comes with gotomypc software that are disabling  the mouse driver in all USB ports. I never had this issue with another competitor's software. Now it's shut down my business billing for a day and may have ruined any server comunication with my keyboards and mouses. I hope a restore can fix it. Otherwise, I'll have to bring in an "IT" person to fix it at my expense.  My computer was an upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

New Contributor

Well I think I may have fixed the Server by using the remote hosting and changing a few things. You'd think tech support would know these things. I accessed the devices through the manager of win10 and changed the view for the devices to see hidden devices. I uninstalled all usb devices not being used. I went to printers and devices and uninstalled the Gotomypc printers. Then, I accessed GoToMyPC performance for best speed and unchecked no remote keyboard control. Right after that I saw the computer installing the usb receiver keyboard and mouse again!

I won't find out until Monday.