cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMyPc host unresponsive when lid closed

Hello,

I have GoToMyPc version 10.0 installed in a windows 10 laptop and its power settings has been defined to keep the computer on even when the lid is closed. The problem is that whenever I try to connect to it with the lid closed, the host is unresponsive. However if I left the lid opened, it works fine.

Any suggestion to solve this?

Thanks,

Vanesa

5 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMyPc host unresponsive when lid closed

Hi Vanesa,

It sounds like the PC is still hibernating somehow when the lid closes.  See if you can confirm this setting:

1. Type Power Options into the start search box.
  2. Press Enter on the keyboard.
  3. Select ChangePlan settings next to the prefered plan that is selected.
  4. Set Put the computer to sleep to:  Never.

Active Contributor

Hi AshC,

Sorry for the late reply. I check that and is set to never sleep. Previously was working fine and suddenly I started to have this issue.

Hope you can give me a helping hand.

Regards,

Vanesa

LogMeIn Contributor

@vanesah If your PC still turns off the display when you shut the lid (no light coming from the monitor), GoToMyPC will still shut down itself, as it needs an active display to resend screen shots from.

Active Contributor

Hi AshC,

Yes, the display is off when I close the lid, I checked the power configs again but I think they're correct. I have:

Display -> Turn off display after:  Never

Sleep -> Sleep after: Never

Is there any other config I should consider? I know that if I leave the lid open it works, but it's a requirement (of physical space) to keep the lid closed :-(

THanks for your help.

Vanesa

LogMeIn Contributor

@vanesah What's happening there is, GoToMyPC and other applications are effectively being 'frozen' in place when you shut the laptop lid, possibly due to a hibernation setting there.  Unless you have an externa monitor setup to this laptop, and the power still goes off temporarily, then GoToMyPC will not be available during these periods.

As a Microsoft reference to Windows Hibernation, you may have some success manually disabling it through these directions:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/920730/how-to-disable-and-re-enable-hibernation-on-a-comput...