cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How can I connect to my Host from a Chromebook?

I have a new Samsung Chromebook... and the GoToMyPC application will not work... I'm receiving an error message "No plug-in available to display this content".

Please advise
114 REPLIES 114
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How can I connect to my Host from a Chromebook?

HI Chad,

Unfortunately the Chromebook will not run our regular viewers, and as it does not support Java, it also cannot run our Universal viewer. Currently I am not aware of any plans to develop a new GoToMyPC viewer specifically for the Chromebook. We do have free Android and iOS viewer Apps you can use to connect from a phone or tablet.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree this would be very helpful. I prefer GTMPC interface over logmein but looks like we'll have to switch to the logmein platform so our remote users can access their company computers.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Is there anyway to use go to my pc on a chromebook?.
Highlighted
New Contributor

That makes no sense. You have to support the technology that exists and not the other way around. When can we expect a fix?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Sorry, but I do not currently have any information about a new GoToMyPC viewer specifically for Chromebooks.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

My work will only provide your app to remote in to my desktop. I want a new laptop but Windows 8 is totally unacceptable. I plan on getting a Chromebook to replace my PC. I will have to use VPN connections instead.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm surprised that GoToMyPC isn't supporting the Chromebook yet, especially since GoToMyPC is the top tier product. These little chromebooks are perfect road companions to the desktop computer at work and a good selling point for gotomypc. Please reconsider.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just checked and I have been a GoToMyPC user since my account was created on Oct 15, 2003. I briefly messed with LogMeIn when they had an iPad app before Citrix came up with one, but as soon as y'all got that going I ditched my trial there.

What I want is an ultra-light notebook with a SSD and very long battery life to run GoToMyPC and access my two office systems. I would just use my iPad but occasionally need to do some serious typing, and highlighting stuff using my finger as a pointer is not optimal.

Citrix is really missing a chance to cash in on what I expect will be a growing market segment, all because of the fight between Google and Oracle, where the end users are caught in the middle.
Highlighted
New Contributor

+1