cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I connect to remote PC but only see black screen

When I log into one of my remote PC's I connect but I only see a black screen and all tools are greyed out. I have 25 conections and this is the only one that will not work. I have been logging into this PC for years and thius issue just started. I uninstalled GTMPC and reinstalled but that did not help.

Any suggestions would be deeply apreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: I connect to remote PC but only see black screen

Hello,
Thank you all for your assistance but I figured it out. I uninstalled a recent NVIDIA update and l and logged right in. Man that was frustrating. Thanks again!~
8 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

@mlonabaugh  Sorry about that!

Could you specify what OS the problem host computer is running?

Do you have any security apps installed there that might block a remote connection?

Have you rebooted the problem PC before testing again?

Active Contributor

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. Red Stone Pre release. 

I have the same OS on multiple PC's and I can log into all the others. 

As stated before I have been remoting into this PC for years and nothing has changed as far as security apps. 

I even tried turniing off my firewall. 

I have rebooted many times, and as stated before I have unistalled and reinstalled GTMPC. 

Also, I can still log into this PC with Go To Asissist.

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

@mlonabaugh  -  Do you see the mouse trailing on the host screen while connected at all (over the black screen)?

Typically when the GoToMyPC Tools menu is completely grayed out / unusable, then this means the session its self is not fully connecting there due to a local firewall or network restriction.

To rule out any hardware issues on this one Host, I might even try setting up an alternate user profile to connect into / reinstall GoToMyPC under.  Otherwise, I would fully test the local security options and reach out to the provider for more info.

Reference:  GoToMyPC and Firewalls

Active Contributor

"Do you see the mouse trailing on the host screen while connected at all (over the black screen)?"

Yes. And if I hit the Ctrl+Del button on the top right it performs a  Ctrl+Del on the host.

I know it's not the firewall becasue I turned it off, and it's not the ISP because I can log into multiple PC's at this location without insedent.  I can even log into this PC with GOTOASSIST. 

I'm wondering if it is a video driver issue. ?

Thanks for reply! 

Active Contributor

Hello,
Thank you all for your assistance but I figured it out. I uninstalled a recent NVIDIA update and l and logged right in. Man that was frustrating. Thanks again!~
LogMeIn Contributor

Great! 

Thanks for confirming everything is OK again!

New Contributor

Hi, I have a similar issue. I log into Gotomypc on my Iphone, Ipad and MacBook and all of them log in and state that we are in a session on the host computor but only present a black screen with a "I'm Thinking" swirl that never advances. Any ideas?

Active Contributor

Hi Sturge,

It ended up being a video driver issue for me. I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA update and everything was fine. 

The only problem is the driver keeps updating and every time it does I have the issue again. 

I am going to look into keeping the driver from updating. 

I hope this helps.... 

Cheers!