cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrynKaufman
New Contributor

Keyboard short cut for multiple monitors using Windows 8.1 not working.

Running Windows 8.1 on the Surface Pro to connect to a dual monitor desktop running Windows 7.

The short cut (Windows Key - Arrow) to switch between the monitors is not working.

Instead of moving to the other monitor it reduces the GoToMyPC window to 1/2 the screen.

Clicking the arrow key to switch monitors works but I would prefer sometimes for speed of going back and forth to use the keyboard short cut.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Bryn,

Unfortunately we do not have Surface Pro support currently, so issues like this may happen until our GoToMyPC viewer is updated.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BrynKaufman
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Perhaps I am mistaking but the Surface Pro is just like a Windows PC running the full version of Windows.

Are you saying this bug is not present in Windows 8.1 on other devices such as Laptops and Desktop PCs?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Bryn,

You're correct but the addition of touch controls and other elements means some dedicated support is required. I will see what I can find out about this particular issue, in the meantime please check that "Pass Window keys" is selected in your Host PCs GoToMyPC Preferences. Also if you are using a mouse and keyboard with your Surface Pro the mini map feature might be a good alternative: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BrynKaufman
New Contributor

Thanks for looking into it. It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth between monitors using a hotkey.
Ageek Named B
New Contributor

One of my colleagues jus switched to LogMeIn.. We ended up switching two weeks ago to TeamViewer. Our Helpdesk techs and tier 1 & 2 techs use SurfaceRT units to support the masses so sadly we did not have a choice. IT worked 'sort-of' on my Surface Pro, but just not as good as TeamViewer and did not work at all (even with the reghack) for my techs in the helpdesk department. Ig GoToMyPC products do become usable on WIn8 app, and Surface RT instead of renewing with Team Viewer next year I would highly consider going back to GoToAssist and GoToMyPC, but I'm in a rock and a hard place. I just read in a forum where some community manager said at Microsoft TechEd this year they sold like 26000 Surfaces with some special they had for people who were there (like $100 for a RT64 and $400 for a 128 Pro) I didn't believe it so of course I bing'd it.. Yep http://microsoft-news.com/teched-get-... anyway.. That's a Ton of technologists with devices that don't have a remote Citrix product. PLEASE Don't get me wrong.. I am pulling for you all at Citrix! I was locking down Citrix Metaframe wyse thin clients before Y2K. I've always loved and still love the exceptional products Cirtix gives us! So I'm pulling for you.. But it just seems like bad business not to support something your competition does and something the IT workforce uses. I know you cannot give dates, but for anyone else who stumbles across this, I DID sees something in my personal GoToMyPC account about a beta.. So I will ask this question... If there is a business who reads this between now and say October 1 2013 who is considering going with another remote desktop company because gotoassist or gotomypc does not work with their WP8 or Surface RT... And say they had to make a decision before October 1.. Instead of jumping to conclusions and jumping ship, would there be any possible reason somewhere on the horizon that said company should just hold their horses, and wait for magical pre 10/1 happening s or potential announcements over the Cirtix news wire?