cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Mac shows up "Unconfigured"

Recently set up GotoMyPc on Mac El Capitan, software was installed successfully. 

However when logging on to GotoMyPc on another computer Mac shows up "Unconfigured" in the list of computers. When I click "Options" near to it and "Connect", I get message "Temporarily unable to connect to "Mac Dirk " for security reasons. Please try again in 30 seconds."

The issue persists even after 30s.

Any ideas what may be wrong with G2P on Mac?
12 REPLIES 12
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mac shows up "Unconfigured"

Hi Dirk,
Sorry about that messaging.
Have you rebooted your Mac GoToMyPC host computer since the initial setup?  There should be no compatibility issues there, however I would check the network connections at both locations if the problem persists.

New Contributor

I have not yet rebooted it, and I would like to do this only if proofed that this is really necessary because I have a lot of WIP on it. So are you should it will actually fix it?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Dirk,
If your problem continues, let us know so we can document any new issues.

New Contributor

Hi Ash, even after rebooting my Mac, the problem actually continues. Also changing the access code on Mac host software didn't fix it.

This is how Mac Dirk looks in the G2P device list:

New Contributor

Any more thoughts on howto enable G2P on Mac hosts?
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Dirk,

It may be necessary to completely uninstall GoToMyPC from "Mac Dirk" and then reinstall. We have a removal tool which I would recommend using:
Use the GoToMyPC Removal Tool for macOS:
The GoToMyPC Removal Tool will remove all GoToMyPC applications and preference files from the system.

1. Download the tool here
  2. Extract the .zip file
  3. Run GoToMyPC Removal Tool
    • Tip: Some users have a setting enabled to not allow applications from unsigned developers. You can right click on the tool and select Open and you should get a prompt to open anyway. (or on the Mac keyboard, press Ctrl+click and then select open).
    • If this does not work, then click the Apple menu, go to System Preferences, System and Security, General, (click the lock in the bottom left if settings are greyed out), and change the Allow apps downloaded from to Anywhere. After completing the removal, please change this setting back to where it was earlier.
  4. Empty the trash to permanently remove any GoToMyPC Viewer files.
  5. Reboot the computer.
To reinstall GoToMyPC on the same host computer

1. Log in to your account at www.GoToMyPC.com.
  2. If you see the Install GoToMyPC button, click the button to reinstall.
  3. If you see your computer list, click the Options link next to the name of the host Mac or PC you wish to reinstall on.
  4. Click Remove and then OK.
  5. On the My Computers page, and click Add Computer and then Install GoToMyPC.
  6. Follow the prompts to complete setup.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey Dirk, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issues. None of the suggestions I've found here and elsewhere have worked.   

LogMeIn Contributor

@seanadb Sorry to hear about this affecting your own Mac hosts.  Could you specify what Mac OS version you've got on the problem computer?

New Contributor

Hi, Ash, I'm using High Sierra, 10.13.4.  I'm using Gotomypc 9.6 build 2293.