cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakesh M
New Contributor

Re: Mouse cursor disappears when connected to windows 10 PC

I tried all the settings but no luck.
I don't think its a bug with Windows 10 because through Remote desktop, mouse is absolutely working fine and we are getting text selector while moving the mouse.So mostly its an issue with GoTomypc.
DP1
New Contributor

This does seem quite odd.  Were experiencing the same issues and when contacting Citrix support are just being told its a Win 10 issue.   Wish there was a real solution!

Barry Clark
New Contributor

what is O/S on your client PC.  I had this problem some time ago, but now using windows 10 at both ends, the issue has not recurred. but there have been countless firmware and O/S upgrades in the meantime.  All I know is that it "went away":  it is incredibly frustrating while it lasts though.  Have you applied the windows 10 anniversary updates to both remote and client: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=821403  Barry
DP1
New Contributor

Will give that a try, thanks
Barry Clark
New Contributor

Also essential to ensure you have latest GoToMyPC client.  It is just possible it could be hardware (motherboard) related.  I use a #Surface pro 3 as client and host is a Dell.  This combination had the problem and now it doesn't.  Wish I could help as I was close to chucking the whole caboodle in the bin.  One thing possibly to check - do you have an iPad, because GoToMyPC works really well with that, even with 3 monitors at the host end.  It's really easy to zoom to what you need. If that works OK and the mouse pointer is OK, it probably rules out the host as being responsible. Can you also try connecting with a different laptop or PC or ask a colleague to try?  Sometimes we have jump these hoops to pinpoint the cause.  If you have all latest firmware and O/S patches I'm puzzled you still have the issue.
Keith Jones
New Contributor

That did the trick for me.   Appears win 10 disabled it. (??)
Mx3Rx8
New Contributor

I had this problem on a computer I used exclusively to remote into. I never resolved the problem despite trying a few things I read in this thread. 

Later, I moved a different computer I had been logging into successfully for quite a while. When I moved it, I didn't plug in the monitors, mouse or keyboard. I figured I wouldn't need it for a while so I didn't plug them in. I tested GoToMyPc and it worked fine. 

Later, when accessing from a PC different from the one I tested on I started having display and mouse issues. The display issues were resovled by plugging in the monitors (to the host) with power (though monitor power doesn't need to be on).

My mouse issue was resovled by plugging in a mouse to the host. 

It seems as though with certain computer interactions it is best to have all hardware plugged into the host, even if you don't intent to use the host locally. 
As it turns out, the first computer I mentioned didn't have a mouse installed either.