cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Scale to Fit not working

I am trying to access my work PC (Windows 7 Pro) from my home PC with GoToMyPC. The work PC has a classic 1024 x 768 monitor. The home PC has a 1920 x 1080 monitor. I can make the connection fine, but the bottom of the work screen is cut off. No matter what I choose in terms of Scale to Fit, Actual Size, etc, the Work PC has a portion of the screen cut off. I then had my IT guy connect to the Work PC with GoToMyAssist, and lo and behold he reports he sees the entire (scaled to fit) screen no problem. What could be my problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Scale to Fit not working

Hi Michael, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with our viewer not displaying the entire host screen. Is the image incomplete, or is there only a surrounding black border?

Have you recently updated your work computer's display adapter or monitor drivers? If not, I would recommend checking their manufacturer's websites for the latest driver updates to see if these resolve the issue. If you haven't rebooted the host computer in a while, I would also recommend seeing if that helps.

New Contributor

Thanks Michael for the reply. The image is incomplete, such that I cannot see "Continue" buttons and such at the bottom edge of the screen of the host PC when running Quickbooks. So a serious impediment to productivity. 

I will check the video driver situation—although GoToAssist uses the same technology, right? So if my IT guy can see the full screen with GoToAssist, something else must be going on. 
New Contributor

I'm having this exact issue. I can connect to my boss's work computer from logmein and see his whole screen but when he connects to it from his home, he can't see the bottom or the right side of the screen. When he try's zooming out, it does make the image smaller, but it doesn't bring in any more of the missing parts. It just make the partial image smaller.

We did change his monitor but it has all current drivers.

LogMeIn Contributor

@campnjim Sorry, could you specify what operating system and hardware are in use on the problem client (your boss)?

New Contributor

Windows 10 on both sides. Not sure of the make.

The host computer is an HP Z440 Workstation with a Radeon RX580 graphics card.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

OK, next confirm that the affected PC has the most current HP video drivers:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers