cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Someone created an account with my email address

Dear All,
I didn't create an account in your portal. But Someone is used my email account for this sign-up.
Can you cancel it? My name is Huseyin Aytac also my e-mail is aytachuseyin@gmail.com
But in portal user has created like " Nisa Kaska". I need it your support for this situation.

Regards,
Huseyin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Someone created an account with my email address

Hi,

Thank you all for reporting this issue. I would like to reassure you all that you do not have GoToMyPC accounts and that no one has access to your computers.

Someone has obtained a list of email addresses and they are using them to sign up for free trial accounts with our service. Please Private Message me (click on my profile),  with your email address and I will unsubscribe you from any further email and suspend the incomplete account. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
New Contributor

I have the same situation.
New Contributor

I have the same issue at the moment.
New Contributor

I have the same problem as well, am reporting this to:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/ReportAbuse/Send
LogMeIn are the owners of GoToMyPC so I'm reporting it directly.
New Contributor

Same here please sort this out.
New Contributor

The same thing happened to me today
in the email is written:

"Dear Nisa, Thank you for choosing GoToMyPC. A GoToMyPC account has been created for this email address:

*my adress*

Once you complete account setup, you will receive a welcome email with additional information about using GoToMyPC. For maximum security, please verify the email address for your account. Click the following link or copy and paste it into your browser to confirm your email address: ..."

Of course I didn't click on the link to confirm my email address.
So what should I (we) do now? I don't want a account or something else...
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue, I would like to reassure you all that you do not have full GoToMyPC accounts and that no one has access to your computers.

• Anyone can submit an email address to sign up for an account however to compete the process they need to have access to the email account in order to verify it. 
  • In order to set up GoToMyPC on a computer you need to have direct access to it already in order to install and register the software.
  • When the GoToMyPC software is installed an icon is clearly displayed in the PC system tray or Mac toolbar.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,
I'm sorry for this issue affecting multiple non-GoToMyPC users.

We have identified a fraudulent source creating some of these accounts, and are working to fully cleanse the problem as fast as possible.

I appreciate your patience while we get to the bottom of this situation.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,
I just want to report that I also recieved a mail two hours ago for someone named "Nisa Kaska" that apparently registered using one of my email addresses.
New Contributor

Thank you for your kind response Ash.  However, I hate to inform you that the issue is still occurring, as I just got the same email stating that Nisa has created an account with my email address.  

I appreciate your tireless efforts in getting the the bottom of this situation.

Please advise when situation is fully resolved.

Kind regards.