cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Trouble connecting to host

After having installed a GTMP (10.1 2923) update I’m facing a problem now. When trying to login I’m getting the ‘Waiting for the host computer to connect…’ screen until it times out. When I retry to connect by pushing the retry button, it takes a long time again but in the end I'm able to establish the connection succesfully. That is... after that the window in which the session is supposed to start "hangs" for 30-40 seconds after which I can see and access my host desktop (takes 4-5 minutes all together). Tried to reinstall GMTP (and reboot) on host computer. Funny thing is that the first five login attempts after re-install everything works perfectly and then the total login-time is within seconds. After a couple of login attemps the problem starts all over (I reinstalled three times over again and evertime the same thing). Client W10 Pro X64, Host same. Tried to login from different clients, same problem everywhere. I tried to find an older version, are those still available? G2Wizard can't fix or identify the problem either. Please help me out her because I depend on GTMP very much.

3 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Trouble connecting to host

@edsmits  I am sorry.  That is certainly not normal.

Can you specify exactly when this problem began?  (we don't usually revert a software build unless there's a serious problem)

Do you have any security software on the Host?

How often are you rebooting this Host PC?

New Contributor

It begun after the update, same day, three days ago.

I'm using McAfee Endpoint security and windows firewall. When I disabled them problem was still there.

New Contributor

I hardly ever reboot my PC, usually on average once every one or twoo weeks