cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Two monitors remote - three monitors local

I have been using gotomypc for years with no problems with two monitors at each end.  With COVID-19 I am working from home, and would like a third monitor for non-work use.  If I set up this monitor, gotomypc centers the two work monitors over all three local monitors - no matter how I arrange them. Is it possible to force remote 1 to local 1, remote 2 to local 2, and leave local 3 untouched.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Two monitors remote - three monitors local

I came to this forum the other day looking for an answer to that exact question.  I looked all over trying to find an answer. Still nothing, but I'll definitely post if I find something.

Meanwhile, I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-4K-Splitter-Bi-Directional/dp/B079JQ9XXV/

I'm using it as a kill switch so I don't have to keep unplugging the HDMI cable from the port on my computer. It saves a lot of wear and tear. I still can't use three monitors during my workday, but after work, I can just hit the switch to send the signal back to the third monitor.

Here's another workaround. If you have a laptop (assuming your first computer is a desktop like mine), just connect that to your third monitor and extend the desktop. Then you'll have two monitors for work and two for non-work.

Hoping somebody comes up with an actual solution to this problem.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

I'm afraid there's no quick way to aotmatically open the GoTo Viewer across three screens, though we are considering this as an enhancement for future development.  Thanks for bringing it up !

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Actually, the object is not to get GoToMyPC to display on three screens. I have two screen at work and three at home. I would like both work screens to display on two screens at home, leaving the third one open for local use. When I maximize GoToMyPC, it tries to spread across all three screens, making for a very difficult work session. I would like to restrict it to only two screens.