cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

file transfer freezes after a few files.

Hi.   I use GoToMyPc to transfer files from a host computer to my home computer.  It has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years.  Starting about 3 weeeks ago, the file transfers freeze at the host comouter after a few files are transferred.  The host computer is unresponsive and all I can do is disconnect, re-connect and resume the file transfer.  I cannot find anything in the Windows 10 event logs or Reliability Graph that explains the feezing of the computer.  I have tried reducing the number of colors and display settings to no effect.  I wonder if a Windows 10 update is causing this.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

28 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: file transfer freezes after a few files.

Hi @mmcdonough45,

I'm not aware of any issues with the File Transfer feature currently, would you be able to gather the GoToMyPC log files from your Host PC and send them to me?

1. Click Start
2. Click Run or start typing in the Start Search bar
3. Type: %temp% and press Enter
4. Right-click on the folder LogMeInLogs
5. Select Send to and click Compressed zip folder

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Thanks, Glenn.  I emailed you the log files.  I hope you can see what is causing the problem.

mark

New Contributor

My problem exactly! Please advise.

LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for the log files @mmcdonough45, unfortunately I was unable to find any clues in them. Since this appears to be an easy issue to recreate, I think it woud be best if you and @ehasty called our toll-free support and demonstrated the issue to one of our reps while they are connected. They may have better luck pulling GoToMyPC logs and system logs right after it happens.  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/contactus

Active Contributor

Thanks for trying to help.  I'll ask my bos what he wants to do next.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I called tech support (Monday) and they uninstalled GoToMyPc and instalied the last version on the host computer.  No success.  Tranfsers still freeze on the host computer.  I called back to tech support this morning (Tuesday) and they have tried all sorts of things but the file transfers keep randomly freezing no matter how many files are in a folder or if the folder is zipped. 

LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for reporting back, I will review their notes and see what else can be done.

Active Contributor

Glenn:

Here is some additonal information.  The host pc (Windows 10) is not locked up when the file transfer freezes. Sitting at the host pc,  I can start or stop apps, open a brower, use the file explorer, etc.  On the client side, all I can do is access the green menu bar of GoToMyPc to disconnect - nothing else.  Cannot send Cntrl-Alt-Delete for example.

Theses freezes hapen in both directions: host to client and client to host.  The tech guy today thought zipping the folder would solve the prpblem but it failed every time.  Also, he could not get anything significnat out of the log files or testing internet speeds and connections.

Finnally, when the freeze occurs, the green progress light keeps flashing above the file transfer.  It acts like it is waiting for confirmation that a packet has been recieved at the other end to continue.  Thsnks, again.

Active Contributor

Any solution on this? Same here. Worked fine for years, only recently has this become a problem.