cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: file transfer freezes after a few files.

Hi there,

We're not aware of any known issues like that currently...   Could you specify what operating systems are in use between your client/ host PCs?

Also, have you tried altering the destination folder on the client side to see if that makes any difference?

Active Contributor

• Both computers are Windows 7.
  • Destination directory doesn't matter.
  • I've been using this for years with both of these PCs and only within the last few months had issues. Users in another forum had the same problem and reported that it fixed when they disabled McAfee. I am only running McAfee on destination PC and I disabled it and it didn't help.
  • If the file transfers in less than 20 seconds it seems to make it OK but it freezes after the file is done. If it takes any longer it tends to freeze mid-transfer. When I say it freezes, the only option is to close the GotomyPC window and re-initiate a new session.
Active Contributor

Hi.  GoToMyPc called and told me they had a made a change to our account settings.  That solved the problem for us but I'm not sure what they actually did.   I believe it had to do with the speed setting for file transfers.  I think they had to slow it done or it would lose connection.  Wish I could be of more help.

Our case was 06648342. And the support contact was:

Michael | Technical Support Representative I 
LogMeIn
www.LogMeIn.com
p. +1-888-259-8414

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @azmojo,

I just checked with Michael and have now appied the same change to your account. We introduced a backend change to help GoToMyPC send in-session information more efficiently and improve session performance, unfortunately for some it appears to be causing issues with the File Transfer feature. I have diabled this update for your account so the issue you have been experiencing should go away.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

That did it! Thank you! Didn't expect it to get resolved.

LogMeIn Manager

Fantastic! Sorry for the frustration.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am so glad my reply helped clear up the issue.  Michael was very quick to find a solution for us!

Onward and upward!

New Contributor

gotomypc randomly freezes during connection

i am running windows 7 on my host computer and windows 10 on remote

i am constantly having to close my session (clicking on the X) because the host session freezes (but the host computer itself does not "freeze")

this happens mostly during file transfers but it has happened afer short period of inactivity 

i am very frustrated

angel

LogMeIn Manager

Sorry for the frustration @angeldjac, I have adjusted a setting on your account and you should no longer have this issue.

New Contributor

Re: gotomypc randomly freezes during connection

i continue to have this problem ... perhaps it's time to look at other software products and request a refund! sooo much lost time killing the app then having to go thru the login process just to transfer some files!

arghhhh