cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

iphone

I can't connect to GoToMyPC from my iphone 6 with my carrier's wireless connection. I was able to do so about a week ago but not any longer. I tried connecting via a wifi connection and it works just fine. What issues may be involved with my wireless connection?  
18 REPLIES 18
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: iphone

Hi Mauric, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. Are you a T-mobile customer and did you update to iOS version 10.2 last week, by any chance?

Hi Mauric, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with our service when using cell data. Who is your phone service provider and what version of iOS are you on?

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Mauric,
I would try to ensure you don't have other apps like web browsers running in the background of your mobile device, and also see how many 'bars' you have on your signal reception (access to the nearest cellular tower).

New Contributor

T mobil via Metropcs...and my cell signal is fine. When I run a speed test im getting 25 mb up and 20 mb down, more than sufficient. And as I said it was working fine a few days/weeks ago. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, rebooting my phone etc. But there has to be a setting of some sorts that is causing this to happen. I tried accessing my computer while next to it with my phone, and what it does do is that the screen will go black (on the host computer) and then the computer will go to basic color scheme. But on my phone it just says that Goto can't access my computer at this time to check my internet connection. Again, my internet is just fine. And obviously the app is getting an internet signal or else it wouldn't even log me in to the point where I can see all my available computers, I have three by the way. And also I wouldn't be able to see something actually happen on my host computer such as the screen going blank for a second and the color scheme changing. So something is happening. I think there was a software update of IOS about two or so weeks ago, could this have affected it? Because the last time I did use Goto from my phone perfectly was about a month ago. It's just annoying....now I have to carry my freaking tablet with me when I leave my house as I know I will be needing my host computers more often as I just started a business...

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Maruic,
We'll try to recreate this in-house, and get back to this thread with the results.  Thanks for the post!

New Contributor

Thank you

Hi Mauric, thank you for this information! We received several reports over the last two weeks of this issue occurring for T-Mobile users on the latest release of iOS (10.2). We've opened a developer ticket for our team to review and investigate, but I believe that it might also prove fruitful if you and any of the other affected users reach out to T-Mobile support to create visibility on their end as well.
New Contributor

T-Mobile said iPhone 7 plus needs to connect to GoToMyPC with IPV4 setting and that I should contact GoToMyPC to ask them how to set up my phone????

Thank you for this information, Stan; I will add this to our developer ticket.