cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Willis
Active Contributor

Re: mouse pointer extremely small

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. The PC I use as the client is 4K. The Mac is HD (1080p).

I have tried adjusting the scaling from Windows default (300%) to 100%, and while that does make things a little more crisp, it didn't affect the cursor size.

roven
Active Contributor

Hi,

No on 4k.  1600 x 900 on host. no zoom.  By size do you mean screen size? 21 diag.  I will add client shortly but a 14" laptop.

Fred

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you, we will bring this up with development to see about increasing compatibility for some higher definition screens. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Anon37514
Active Contributor

I have had this issue for a long time. I contacted logMeIn and basically was told it's my problem to deal with and no one else has reported this issue. 

Don_Willis
Active Contributor

Sorry to hear that. The only workaround I've found so far is to lower the resolution of my PC at home, which makes the mouse a little larger in some apps, but still almost impossible to see in others, such as Outlook. 

My biggest issue is browing the web, and our workplace uses Office 365's web-based Outlook for email. When I'm typing or reading emails, the mouse pointer is virtually invisible. Very frustrating. The "workaround" still didn't help there. Hope that helps (some).

LauraPD

Just wanted to stop by and say I'm having the exact same issue. Logging in to my large HD monitor at home from my surface. I had to change the LogMeIn resolution to 1280x800 to get everything to be big enough to see on my Surface, but the mouse remains miniscule. Like everyone else said, I tried to change the size of my cursor on the remote machine and this made no difference.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@LauraPD I'm afraid this is a discrepancy with users who have higher DPI displays such as 4K.  We are aware of this limitation, and hope to be more compatible soon.

bkpotok

Has there been any resolution to Logmein's tiny mouse problem?   Just got a new laptop and basically cannot use it for work because I cannot see the mouse and everything takes quadruple the time.

@AshC wrote:

@LauraPDI'm afraid this is a discrepancy with users who have higher DPI displays such as 4K.  We are aware of this limitation, and hope to be more compatible soon.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bkpotok  I'm sorry for the trouble.  Have you tried lowering the resolution of the affected PC yet?

syz88
Visitor

Hi, I have found a reasonable solution for this, on the logmein side if you go to additional mouse options - mouse properties - pointers you can customise the scheme, if you choose an 'extra large 'version it enlarges the pointer significantly. I have a 5k Mac at home and 1920x1200 on logmein so the pointer was very small and now its only slightly smaller.