cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

"Testing connection" upon every PC reboot

Whenever I reboot my PC, GotomyPC starts the "testing connection" feature.  It did not do this until the recent upgrade.  I don't see anywhere in Preferences to de-activate this.  I don't think the test is necessary because when I cancel it, the MYPC icon comes up with no exclamation mark or anything, indicating everything is a-ok.  Any way to stop this from happening?
9 REPLIES 9
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "Testing connection" upon every PC reboot

Hi Bill, can you check your registry for me to see if the particular key value for the connection test is getting updated (or even exists) once you run it?

In regedit, the path to the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\<if 64-bit machine, Wow6432Node>\Citrix\GoToMyPC. The value is "ConnectionTestOk", which is a boolean ('true' or 'false') of type REG_SZ. If this doesn't exist, can you please create it and see if that prevents the test from running again?
New Contributor

Thanks, Michael.  The key does exist and it has a value of false, indicating why, I assume, the test runs all the time.  Do I change the value to the actual word "true" (without quotes) or a value of "1" or something?

I think I've already tried allowing the test to go to completion to see if that stops it on the next PC boot.  Maybe I'll try that again now. . . .
New Contributor

The connection test goes to completion upon reboot of PC, but does not set the flag to true and runs again on the next reboot.  Please advise exact procedure to change this value via regedit.  
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Can you try manually changing the 'false' value to 'true' for me, please? I am going to look into why the test wouldn't be adjusting that value.
New Contributor

I changed it to true and re-booted PC.  Connection test started anyway.  Looked at regedit value and it was false again!  Changed it to true, got out of regedit and out of command line.  Back in to regedit, still true.  Reboot.  Again, connection test runs and value is back to false.

FYI, my machine is 64bit, but I have 32-bit Windows XP installed - if that makes any difference.  There is a Wow6432Node underneath \..\Software, but no Citrix under the Wow6432Node folder, so I guess Citrix is registered as being in 32-bit mode.  
New Contributor

Same issue, any support by LMI ?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@MichaelPrice   I'm sorry if you're experiencing this problem.  We have confirmed that all new GoToMyPC builds do not experience the connection test cycle.   Could you specify what operating system you have, GoToMyPC software version installed, and any troubleshooting steps taken?

New Contributor

Wow that is amazingly slow support for what we pay. In any case not that answering your question will assist but Win7, non of the 8 tabs in your GTMPC identify the version which is unwise but I would assume the latest version since autoupdate is checkmarked. Now please provide support.

LogMeIn Contributor

@MichaelPrice  The reason this Community forum is delayed is for the open discussion of product features and technical issues. The age of this thread is old because we recolved the issue some time ago with during software updates.

If you'd like immediate help with your issue, you may call us any time:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/contactus

Here's where you can see ther GoToMyPC version number:

1. Right-click the GoToMyPC icon in your task bar
  2. Select About

This tool can sometimes override a local connection issue on Windows hosts:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc-a?c_name=prodselect