cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: recently - when i log in remotely to my work desktop it wont let me get past the lock screen.

@wburns10 When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 some time ago, I realized that Microsoft removed the Ctrl+Alt+Del requirement to login. 

Have you tried pressing the Enter key a couple of times to trigger the login request?

Have you also reinstalled GoToMyPC after the Windows system upgrade?

New Contributor

Re: recently - when i log in remotely to my work desktop it wont let me get past the lock screen.

Hi AshC.  Thank you for your continued replies.

When I press enter a couple of times nothing works.  What does ultimately work is if I send the CTRL-ALT-DEL command, then sign off, then sign on again and launch the task manager command, then sign off again, then sign on and press enter.  Sometimes I have to send the task manager or CTRL ALT DEL commands 3-4 times (and sign off in between each command) until I will finally see a log-in screen.  Very frustrating.  Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

@wburns10 Could you confirm on the Host preferences that you have locked the host keyboard ?

If so, I would next visit the Host computer's manufacturer website to confirm the product ID and check for available video driver upgrades?

New Contributor

Hi AshC.  I updated the video drivers and that seemed to fix the original log-in issue the first time, then the second time I tried it I still had to hit "task manager" sign out and then sign back in to get the log in screen.  The other issue I am having is that once I do get into the remote computer, I get an error message that says "the host computer screen cannot be blanked out because your video driver is not installed" or something like that - but the driver is installed.  Do you have a list of video cards with compatability issues I could take a look at?  Thanks.

LogMeIn Contributor

@wburns10  We have seen some issues in the past with a few AMD video cards, where Hardware Overlay was not functioning properly.  Other than that, most are compatible.

I'm not sure why you would not be able to login properly though.  Can you confirm the hardware in use, and how displays are physically connected?

New Contributor

Good morning 

I am having exactly the same issue with the windows 10 lock screen enter password / PIN box not being displayed on the gotomyPC client computer screen. I've set my laptop up in the office where my host computer is so I can monitor what is happening and the enter password box is displayed on the host screen but not on the client. I can use the host keyboard to enter my PIN which then allows the client access to the host.

Was this issue successfully resolved for anyone?

LogMeIn Contributor

@TJWenmoth  I apologize for the difficulty. 

Could you confirm what GoToMyPC software build is currently set up on the Host side?

New Contributor

Hi

I've updated my video drivers which seems to have solved the windows log in problem.

Thanx