Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: uninstall grayed out on windows 10

Sketchy! No thanks, I'll pass...

LogMeIn Manager

Make sure you are looking at the correct screen when you are trying to uninstall GoToMyPC. 

When searching for Add/Remove Programs in Windows 10 it will often open a new Apps & Features page instead. This page will show GoToMyPC but, it does not give you the option to uninstall the software.

What you want to do is:

1. Push the Windows button on your keyboard
  2. Type Control Panel
  3. Under Programs, select Uninstall a Program
  4. Locate GoToMyPC and select it
  5. Click Change
  6. Confirm you want to remove the application
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Followed the link on the solution, ran the file, followed instructions and it offered me a list of installed apps but the app I was trying to uninstall wasn't listed. I was then asked 'Please enter your product code' but product code for what ? the repair file I have just downloaded or the app i'm trying to uninstal ? In either case - where do I find the product code ? 

LogMeIn Contributor

@ronl46  I believe that request refers to the Microsoft product code -- not GoToMyPC.  Specifically what operating system are you using there?  Do you see the MyPC icon still appearing in your task bar when you restart the PC?

New Contributor

AshC. Thanks for your help. I’m running Windows 10. I am not trying to remove Gotomypc but an app called Groove which yes is still visible. But I now need to know how to find my windows product code, I have a Lenovo laptop with preinstalled windows
LogMeIn Contributor

@ronl46  I apologize, this Community Forum is not for general help -- but specifically for LMI related softwares and services.

Here's a reference from Microsoft that will hopefully take you further:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10749/windows-10-find-product-key

New Contributor

I cannot get rid of the gotomypc host launcher which continuously requests my login information. I have uninstalled the program but I cannot find any way remove the host launcher. Using the Microsoft troubleshooter link that was provided I did see a Citrix Online program but, after uninstalling that and restarting the same host launcher appears. The icon still appears in the bottom right of my screen but I have definitely gone through the steps to uninstall the program. 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @louispav,

Please give our toll-free support a call and one of our support representatives will connect to your computer and assist you.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!