cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

windows 7 unsupported 16- bit application

I have installed GOTOMyPC on my home computer (windows 7 64-bit) and connecting to it from my work computer (Windows 7 64 bit). But GoToOpener can not launch and giving 'Unsupported 16 - bit application' error. I also installed latest MSI but didn't fix the problem.
6 REPLIES 6
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: windows 7 unsupported 16- bit application

Hello Ajith,  I'm sorry to hear about the complications.  Our application is a 32-bit application so its unclear why it's being detected as 16-bit.   In the past I've seen this be an issue due to security software.  Do you have any active security software running on that PC?

New Contributor

Do you mean Anti virus ? Yes I have McAfee running and i can not turn if off .This is work laptop and i don't have control to turn off anti virus.

Yes, I would suspect it to be the anti-virus component of your McAfee securities.  More specifically, I've seen anti-virus "sandbox" the application if not trusted, and that can trigger this sort of behavior.  As it sounds like you require your IT's assistance with managing your securities, I would recommend you reach out to them for further assistance.

For more details on GoToMyPC and McAfee Anti-Virus see the follow support article:
https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToMyPC/help_files/GTC110004?title=Enabling+GoToMyPC+with+Mc...

New Contributor

Thank You Tom. I will contact IT team.
New Contributor

Was this issue ever resolved?

We are experiencing the same issue in our environment right now and i have tried turning off our Antivirus and the issue still remains. Has anyone got any further suggestions?

Hi Danny,

This usually is caused because something in the environment is restricting the installation from properly detecting what it needs to read within Windows.  Whether its a restriction from something like an antivirus, or possibly a locked down user environment that may not be granting full permissions to the installer, this issue is generated by something on the system side that is holding back the installer.  Could you possibly get your IT involved to check it out?  Or if you are IT, try the install within a full admin account to see if there is a difference?