cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Did Not "Stop Recording" and Exited the GoToTraining Session - Recording Never Generated

Hello,

This hasn't been a problem in the past, but the last two sessions I've provided did not generate a recording when I forgot to stop the recording before ending the session. Unless I'm missing something, this is a bug, and my coworker is seeing it as well.

And yes, I promise I hit "Start Recording" before the session

How can I recover these recordings?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Iris

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Did Not "Stop Recording" and Exited the GoToTraining Session - Recording Never Generat

Hi Iris,

I am sorry if there was a mixup with the GoToTraining recording.  I tried to recreate this myself on my Windows desktop, but the recording went straight to the cloud and began the conversion process immediately.

While we don't keep a backup copy of your recordings anywhere, we are very interested in new errors such as yours.  If you are able to reproduce this now as you say, would you be able to send us some log files from the affected PC? 

We would also need the Date / Time, Length Training ID, and if the event had any co-organizers, attendees, breakout sessions etc.

Active Contributor

Re: Did Not "Stop Recording" and Exited the GoToTraining Session - Recording Never Generat

Sure - where can I find those log files?

LogMeIn Contributor

The supporting agent will be happy to assist you in grabbing the data.  The easiest way to find them is by right-clicking the GoToMeeting icon (windows), and selecting Save Logs.

Active Contributor

Is this before or after I exit the meeting?

Right-clicking on the GoToTraining icon doesn't give me the option to save logs. 

Active Contributor

Re: Did Not "Stop Recording" and Exited the GoToTraining Session - Recording Never Generated

Well I couldn't reproduce this today. 

I work in software so I get it - might have been just a fluke, but it happened twice to me. My coworker said it has happened to him before as well.

I'm definitely going to get in the habit of stopping the recording before exiting - it certainly doesn't hurt. That being said, I'll make sure to let you know if I happen to forget to stop the recording and it happens again.

As always, thanks for your help. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks @itomlinson .   Please keep us informed.