cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGarcia_LC
New Contributor

GoTo App with problems with Windows 11

In Windows 11, when only an app window is shared (not the all screen), the inside of menus (example: Adobe Reader) or dialog boxes (example: AutoCAD) flash continuously in presenter mode. When only an app window is shared but presenter mode is not active, menus and dialog boxes flash when the mouse cursor points to some areas of these elements (after a few moments).

Can I post a video with screen record with the problem?

Computer: Win 11Pro; I9 (9900K); 64Gb RAM; Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8Gb

5 REPLIES 5
JosSilva
Active Contributor

Re: GoTo App with problems with Windows 11

Because Windos 11 came out earlier, you'd expect the new app to work correctly in Windows 11.

Until when can we use the old app? Is it mandatory to change?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@JosSilva @JGarcia_LC  I have not heard of Windows 11 compatibility testing yet, but if we hear more will try to update this thread. 

JosSilva
Active Contributor

Of the information that is available, it is unclear whether, from the end of December, one can continue to use the old app. But if there are no compatibility tests yet, I hope it is possible to use the old application (which apparently has no problems in win11) until the new app (GoTo) is ready to win 11 and managed to overcome the design limitations that it still has compared to the old app.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@JosSilva  We will be expiring the old desktop experience in favor of the new GoTo by 2022.  Can you tell us what's not working right with Windows 11 so that we may do some advanced testing? 

JosSilva
Active Contributor

Spoiler

I already said in the original post:

“In Windows 11, when only an app window is shared (not the all screen), the inside of menus (example: Adobe Reader) and dialog boxes (example: AutoCAD) flash continuously in presenter mode. When only an app window is shared but presenter mode is not active, menus and dialog boxes flash when the mouse cursor points to some areas of these elements (after a few moments).”

I can share a video with the problem, but can I upload a video file?