cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Need to issue a new certificate for an old training

I just had a client contact me, they never received their certificate from a previous training.  This may very well be their issue, but I just want to issue a new cert to them.  Is there a way re-issue certificates from a training? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Need to issue a new certificate for an old training

Hi Kevin,

Here's what I do.  I make sure to get and keep a copy of the post session email with the certificate link.  I often hear from attendees that the certificate doesn't display or print correctly and they'd like another copy.  So, I just follow the link in the saved email for the session in question.  You'll notice that the email address for the attendee is part of the URL.  I just substitute the email address of the person asking for a copy of their certificate.  Once it's displayed, I print to a PDF and send it to the attendee. A solution from within GoToTraining would be more elegant, but this works for me.

Good luck. 
5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Kevin,
I'm afraid GoToTraining Certificates cannot be reissued or sent to attendees on demand.

New Contributor

Thank You, it would be a nice feature in the future Smiley Happy even if it was just a PDF of all the certs from that training.  I can foresee this happening again in the future as I work with clients that need the certifications on file for compliance reasons.
Active Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Here's what I do.  I make sure to get and keep a copy of the post session email with the certificate link.  I often hear from attendees that the certificate doesn't display or print correctly and they'd like another copy.  So, I just follow the link in the saved email for the session in question.  You'll notice that the email address for the attendee is part of the URL.  I just substitute the email address of the person asking for a copy of their certificate.  Once it's displayed, I print to a PDF and send it to the attendee. A solution from within GoToTraining would be more elegant, but this works for me.

Good luck. 
New Contributor

Thanks for the work around Smiley Happy
Active Contributor

The link in the follow-up email is good for 3 months.  That timeframe is probably related to the drop of sessions from the Past Training tab and several reports after three months.

If they lose the link?  This is a concern.  The post about saving a certificate link from the session and substituting any attendee email in the URL works, as long as it is within the three month window.   Myself, I just keep an alternative certificate format and type in the person's name.   

Also of concern is that the attendee can not save a digital copy of the certificate, unless they do a screen capture.  The attendee may assume that they can save the file and print it later.   No.  The file format of the certificate is svg, which does not save the specifics (name, class, organizer, date).  The svg format only saves the vector drawing of the certificate.