cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianS2
Active Contributor

Webcams not working in web version

Over the last month or so almost all (there's always 1 or 2 that work fine tho) attendees on my goto training sessions that join using the web app cannot share their webcams. The option is set to share webcams but there is no webcam indicated in the attendee list and there's no option available to give them webcam access. The only workaround is to have them switch to the desktop version. I still have to give them permission even though the session default is set to allow it...  I've even tried giving exclusive permission in chrome for the app to use the webcam.. still no go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianS2
Active Contributor

Re: Webcams not working in web version

It happens in every session I run. I've resorted to blocking the web version so everybody gets the desktop version... you should have no problem replicating it

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Brian,

Do you know anything about the operating systems and web browsers in use by the problem participants?  Have you been able to reproduce this yourself as an attendee in your own training session?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ElizabethHutch
Active Contributor

I am having the same problem. Tested GoToTraining yesterday and everyone arrived with no webcam and I was not able to turn them on either. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ElizabethHutch I apologize for the problems there.  Are you able to replicate this again with a new test training session? 

If so, can you say what kind of plan you have with GoToTraining specifically:  an online subscription or offline corporate contract?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BrianS2
Active Contributor

It happens in every session I run. I've resorted to blocking the web version so everybody gets the desktop version... you should have no problem replicating it

ElizabethHutch
Active Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. I tested it again and it worked. Although on my actual training session there was one person who could not add their camera. I could not help them so they just used audio but it would of been better to see everyone. 

ElizabethHutch
Active Contributor

Ah, that might of been the answer... How do you block the web version?

BrianS2
Active Contributor

To stop the web version from launching you just turn off the instant join option in settings. It seems this issue has sorted itself out for now though. My sessions this week have worked fine with the web version

ElizabethHutch
Active Contributor

Thanks!