cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Why wouldn't someone be able to see the "Activities" section on their GTT control panel?

Here's the scenario:  I'm the "producer" (owner of the account) and have an Instructor who will be leading Breakouts group sessions.  The Instructor cannot see the Activities section on his GTT control panel so that he can run the Breakouts.  Why would this be happening?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Why wouldn't someone be able to see the "Activities" section on their GTT control panel?

I had the same problem and contacted tech support. Apparently, only the main organizer has access to the Activity section. If you make your instructor an organizer/presenter after they have logged in, they do not have access to that feature. Super frustrating and makes it harder to run the class smoothly since I may be on the phone or helping a student while the instructor is presenting. We concluded that, unless we allow the instructor to log in to our GTT account and launch the class from there, they will not have the Activity section in the control panel.
If anyone else has experienced differently or found a way around this, please let us know!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Why wouldn't someone be able to see the "Activities" section on their GTT control panel?

Thanks, Christina.  I was afraid that might be the case after I gave him organizer/presenter privileges and the Activities section still did not appear for him. I appreciate your response!
New Contributor

Hi Anne and Christina - I'm sorry to hear about your frustration.  We are releasing an update soon that will support controlling the Activities as a co-organizer.  
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Monica! Do we have any kind of timeline on that release?
Highlighted
New Contributor

We hope to have this released in the next few weeks.  I will update this post once it is live.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just curious on the status of this as I've recently started using the breakout functionality. It still seems like only the scheduling organizer can launch the breakouts. Is this the case or should my co-organizers (assigned prior to the training) also be able to launch and manage breakouts? Due to an integration we have with our LMS I am the scheduling organizer for all of our sessions but I assign a co-organizer who actually launches and hosts the sessions.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Charlene,
At this time Activities are only available to the primary scheduling organizer, due to the restrictions for Co-Organizers to editing the actual schedule.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Why wouldn't someone be able to see the "Activities" section on their GTT control pane

This is an old email - and there was an indication that the abilility of a co-organizer can also see the Activities was going to be updated.  We still can't see Activities unless we are the original organizer (the one who started the Goto).