cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

breakouts

We have tried breakouts twice.  The initation of breakout works without a hitch but when we end the breakout, the audio does not return back to the main training session.   Both times we had to all log out of the session and come back in to return the audio.    We are using windows 08 R2 Standard Service Pack 1  on virtual machines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: breakouts

@LKivel  Yes, that is true.  I would not attempt to host any GoTo sessions within a virtual environment.

13 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

@LKivel  I am sorry for the audio failures there.  Although we don't really support virtual environments, I am wondering if you experience the same when you host the session locally instead?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

When you say you don't support virtual environments, I need more info about this. The training being conducted has all trainees in the same room while the trainer is off site.  They log into the session via the web and the device they are using is not a PC but rather a virtual machine that receives the desktop through a virtual session using VMWare.  

Can you explain what you mean by "hosting the session locally"

LogMeIn Contributor

@LKivel  Basically in a virtual environment there won't be a physical display that GoToTraining can capture the desktop of.  You may still be able to launch the session and connect to audio, but may not be able to screen share.  By hosting locally, I mean on a physical PC somewhere connected to a local area network.

Active Contributor

we don't have any training rooms set up with physical PC's to test.
Is GTT designed to work only on physical PC's?
LogMeIn Contributor

@LKivel  Yes, the screen sharing technology is looking to capture the physical desktop, or stream specific video feeds through the interface and webcams.

Active Contributor

ok, this could probably explain several other issues we have been having. Would using a virtual environment have potential to cause audio issues? Would you be able to contact me directly by phone?
LogMeIn Contributor

@LKivel  If you were attempting to utilize Mic & Speakers instead of telephone, then yes--- a virtual environment may not be successful in sending / receiving audio feeds directly. 

Although we can't troubleshoot within your virtual setup, you are welcome to call us directly at your convenience to explain additional GoToTraining features and demonstrate how to best host a session from a desktop computer. 

https://support.logmeininc.com/gototraining/contactus

Active Contributor

Audio setup is VOIP with headset/mic. not with phone/
Active Contributor

Please confirm if the following statement is correct-The recommended setup for GTT to work properly is a physical desktop on PC. Virtual environments are not supported. True?