cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

if an attendee cancels their registration...

Is there a notification that gets sent to the organizer if an attendee cancels their registration? When I did a test cancel in GTT it didn't appear that there was. I know I can generate a report of registrants regularly but if someone cancelled I would have to compare reports to figure it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: if an attendee cancels their registration...

I get an email notification when someone cancels.  I charge for sessions, starting in December 2018.   Perhaps this notification is built-in to the integrated payment process.   The notification is automatic.   I did not change any settings.   

I do not recall cancelation requests before I started charging for sessions.    Sorry, I did not make that distinction.  

If someone is canceled, I observed they no longer appear in the registration report.    This causes a problem if a refund is disputed.   I have no record they registered.  Again, I am talking from the perspective of using the integrated payment process, RevStream, which has a number of problems.   

Rob

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Contributor

@janni71  I'm afraid there is no notification to event staff or reporting once a registrant requests that their information be removed from our systems.

Active Contributor

Thank you for your reply! Does anyone know if there are plans to add that capability? We use the reports to invoice our customers for the classes. If someone cancels, we need to know so we can issue them a credit. If we don't have the previous reports we ran, or we lose one, we could potentially miss  a cancellation and not properly credit a customer. Thanks for your help!

LogMeIn Contributor

@janni71  If you receive notification of registrants from GoToTraining via email, then you can keep a track record of that or compare them with the post-training Attendee report.  Are you charging for your trainings through the integrated PayPal / GoToTraining otions?  (RevStream)

Active Contributor

No we are not yet using PayPal, but plan to in the near future. I will try your suggestion but will submit a request to GTT to email the organizer when a cancellation occurs.

Thank you!

Active Contributor

If an attendee cancels a registration the organizer is sent an email.   The organizer then has to  complete the cancellation process from the organizer account.   

Note that once an attendee is canceled, a record of their registration no longer appears in the reports.  This causes a problem when there are issues with the refund process.

Active Contributor

If an attendee registration is cancelled, the registration information no longer appears in reports.  You must track cancellation manually in case an issue arises about registration or refunds.   

Active Contributor

this capability has been added - so youcan manually track the cancelation requests by saving these emails.

Active Contributor

Sorry...Just so I'm clear....it was a little confusing because there were 4 separate replies to this today....this capability has been added? We receive an email when there is a cancellation, and the registration is removed from the registration report?

How do we get the new functionality? Does an update have to be installed or is it automatic?

Thank you for the notification and for clarifying for me!

Julie

Active Contributor

I get an email notification when someone cancels.  I charge for sessions, starting in December 2018.   Perhaps this notification is built-in to the integrated payment process.   The notification is automatic.   I did not change any settings.   

I do not recall cancelation requests before I started charging for sessions.    Sorry, I did not make that distinction.  

If someone is canceled, I observed they no longer appear in the registration report.    This causes a problem if a refund is disputed.   I have no record they registered.  Again, I am talking from the perspective of using the integrated payment process, RevStream, which has a number of problems.   

Rob

View solution in original post