cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Phone attendance report

Phone attendance report

Hundreds of our participants are blocked from downloading and logging into GoToWebinar’s platform by firewall protections at their places of work, and we anticipate this number continuing to grow. However, those who are blocked by firewalls are still able to access our presentations over the phone using the number and access code from their GoToWebinar email invite.

In order to accurately capture the attendance of our presentations, we need to know how many participants are calling in. This metric has become increasingly important for gauging the reach of our program as we have transitioned to an exclusively virtual environment during the pandemic.

While we appreciate the updates that GoToWebinar has made in the Analytics section, we also understand that collecting call-in data is available for GoToMeeting and would like to request the addition of this feature to GoToWebinar as well.  Thank you in advance for considering our request that we feel would benefit our organization as well as yours.

8 Comments
mtretina
Contributor

That is a feature that is really needed on GTW.   As a regulatory state agency , we have public hearings/meetings and having  and knowinmg how many citizens have attended is important.

FedStrive
Active Contributor

Reposting in hopes of a response to our original message from 11/25/20. We would appreciate knowing whether or not this request is possible.

Original message:

Hundreds of our participants are blocked from downloading and logging into GoToWebinar’s platform by firewall protections at their places of work, and we anticipate this number continuing to grow. However, those who are blocked by firewalls are still able to access our presentations over the phone using the number and access code from their GoToWebinar email invite.

In order to accurately capture the attendance of our presentations, we need to know how many participants are calling in. This metric has become increasingly important for gauging the reach of our program as we have transitioned to an exclusively virtual environment during the pandemic.

While we appreciate the updates that GoToWebinar has made in the Analytics section, we also understand that collecting call-in data is available for GoToMeeting and would like to request the addition of this feature to GoToWebinar as well.  Thank you in advance for considering our request that we feel would benefit our organization as well as yours.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@FedStrive  Thanks for the feedback here.  Phone conference data is a great enhancement request that we are considering in the future.  I'm sorry I don't have any info around timelines for development.

FedStrive
Active Contributor

@AshC  Thank you for your reply and for considering our request. If a timeline becomes available, do let us know. We hope this feature can be added soon.

MirandaL

I also work with public agencies who use GoToWebinar to host public hearings, which are a regulated forum for gathering public input and documenting public involvement. I 100% echo the sentiment that we need to be able to capture the data on dial-in users (I never realized we didn't capture their attendance, just learned that today!). But I ALSO implore GTW to issue an over-the-phone pin number to dial-in attendees. We want to be sure all members of the public have the opportunity to participate - including providing their input - in these public meetings. Currently those without an Internet connection are able to listen, but not provide feedback, which puts them at a disadvantage compared to members of the public who do have Internet access. Providing an over-the-phone pin number or some other way for dial-in attendees to be unmuted during a webinar would remove a barrier to the democratic process.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

TinaP366

Good Afternoon,

We'd like to suggest a telephonic attendee report that we could pull for all future webinars.  We currently have to go through the process of calling in every time and having the information pulled by a technician.  This hasn't been a problem but recent we have been told it's not something that will be provided to us anymore.  As you can imagine this is causing great concern for us, as it's a deliverable to our clients.  Our account representative recommended we start a topic suggestion

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Thanks for your feedback here, we will pass this on to the team.