Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

'Cancel this Registration' to be listed as optional

0 Kudos

'Cancel this Registration' to be listed as optional

We recently discovered the 'cancel this registration' appearing on our reminders e-mail notifications as well as the confirmation of registration screen.  We would like to see it made optional for those organizations that need it, our company does not want it and therefore have to go through great lengths to be sure it does not interrupt or confuse our students.  Our classes are decided 2 weeks out and at that point there is no option for a refund, but having this comment in the reminders leading up to the training, it makes it seem to our students that it could be an option.

31 Comments
Madi Johnson
Active Contributor
I too would like to bump this up as this is a crucial component that can be extremely confusing for both the attendees and the admin team. Our program does NOT allow participants to cancel their registration. We are not happy this option is presented to the attendee and giving them the idea that they can simply cancel their registration. And then add the fact that we cannot see who clicks this button and who actually "cancels their registration" so that we can contact them and inform them of our policy. It should be an editable option for the admin of the account to include the cancel button in the emails. It is causing much confusion and frustration for ourselves and our participants.
IS Manager
Another bump on this road. We may have run into yet another way that people are accidentally cancelling their webinar registrations. We have one user end up on the cancellation list that said she for sure did not hit the cancel button. Working with her we did determine that she did add the event to her calendar and subsequently removed it from her calendar. This we believe ended up cancelling her from the event. We do not have a way to see it so our team is calling citrix everyday (or at least every webinar day and/or day before that) to check the cancellations so we can correct them before the event which is adding more work to our team and citrix support. Everyone should keep calling to get the simple registration report that their support can access to show the cancellations. Maybe enough calls to their support team will get this topic so traction. A long time user I really do not want to start investigating the competition but think I may as this may become a showstopper for our company moving forward.
Madi Johnson
Active Contributor
Terrible. This absolutely needs to be fixed, and hopefully soon!
Angel DeRue
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Removing a portion of the registration confirmation email template.

Is there any way to remove the line at the bottom of the registration confirmation email that states "If you can't attend this webinar, you may cancel your registration at any time."? We mention in our webinar emails that people will receive a link to the recording even if they cannot attend the live broadcast. I fear that the line in the confirmation email about cancelling their registration might lead some to think they will still receive access to the recording even if they cancel, when in fact they won't. Most of the text in the confirmation email is editable, but not this portion.
Madi Johnson
Active Contributor
You make a great point, Angel, that most of the text in the emails are editable but not this crucial component. This is causing many headaches for our team. At least if the option is there, the organizer of the event should receive an alert or email that someone has canceled. 
Madi Johnson
Active Contributor
I also want to make a comment that we have recently noticed is happening with the cancellation button/option that is causing additional headaches for our team. We use GoToTraining to run a series of weekly webinars. If someone signs up for the series (and pays, they cannot "cancel" their registration for a refund), then they attend all of the trainings in the series. 
We pull the attendance data to see who attends what session, etc., just like normal. However, if someone clicks the "cancel registration" button, their attendance data is removed from ALL attendance reports for the series - as if they were never there in the first place (not even with a "no" next to their name, just removed from the list completely even if they attended). We try to tell our instructors to pull the attendance report immediately after each session and save it to their computer to avoid this happening, but this cannot always be done. This further proves the need to remove to edit the Cancellation button in the emails. 
Lacey Campbell
I would also like to see this made optional. Better yet, I would like to see a cancelation list report. That is currently not even something I can run to see who cancelled. Finally, I would like them to answer why they are cancelling. Is it schedule conflict or are they no longer interested? Its really frustrating there is no additional reporting or modification around the cancelation option. 
Melissa Boehlin
Active Contributor
In agreement with everyone here on needing to be able to remove the link for them to cancel their registration.  We have folks paying to attend and have our own policies on when they can cancel.  As well other setup that occurs when we think a person is attending.  Last but not least we just contacted a client this week to ask why they were a no show to find out they thought they had cancelled properly using that link that was in the email versus contacting us.
SunnyYYC

We have both free and paid webinars that we offer to our clients. The automatic clause that is at the bottom of confirmation and reminder e-mails for cancelling a registration is fine for the free seminars, however with the paid webinars we need to be able to edit the wording as we don't offer refunds. We offer registering someone in their place or  a credit for a future webinar. I am aware that we can add notes just above this clause but the clause still allows people to cancel without contacting us directly. Please look into having this field editable. Thank you.

AECOC
Visitor

We are currently having the same problem as many of you mentioned.

Our backend system needs to know who has canceled the webinar. In fact we are offering them the possibility of cancel the registration in a separate email. Then we cancel the registration in our system and we also cancel the registration in GOTOWEBINAr via API

When it will be fixed?

What options do we have currently?

Best regards

Xavier