cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Traci Bynum
I so agree. We use both GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar. GoToMeeting is used with smaller groups and I can unmute all, it is more conference call with visual tools. GoToWebinar attendance is often to large to unmute all attendees, yet they benefit from seeing other attendees posts. Currently, as the host, I have to copy and paste these comments for all to view. Very cumbersome. Surely Citrix can fix this shortfall of their service.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
It's included in your GoToWebinar control panel when the webinar is being held. It should be enabled by default, but if you don't see it, click on Options at the top of the GoToWebinar control panel.
Jean2
Active Contributor
Glenn Dobson, seems like I am not the ONLY one that wants chat feature for attendees (you've been getting a lot of comments recently on this idea) so - as I asked two months ago - How is the "idea for consideration" coming along?
Jean2
Active Contributor
Glenn Dobson, seems like I am not the ONLY one that wants chat feature for attendees (you've been getting a lot of comments recently on this idea) so - as I asked two months ago - How is the "idea for consideration" coming along?
Luca Vanin
Any Update about this big limit? Are you going to add chat windows for GTW 100+?
Luca
Davide Baventor
Hi,
I began to use gotowebinar a few weeks ago and I share other's users concerns about the limit of interaction via chat among participants. This should be an organizer's choice, not a platform limit.
Hope you'll add this feature as soon as you can.
Thnx
Ken Cahoun
in the meantime, you may want to find a free java chat applet and run it on your site, for text only chat; that you have people log into parallel/in addition to g2w.  personally i don't like public chat since competitors/flames/ could be posted; but some use it
JVC1
Just conducted a webinar to 300 people and thought no one asked any questions....I found out they did after I generated an attendance report....this is ridiculous...
Aubri Bleacher
This feature would be super helpful when trying to design interactive and informative webinars!
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Questions are displayed in the control panel and can be broken out into it own window. You can read more about using the Q and A feature here: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W040016?title=Question+and+Answer