Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Emergency Back-Up Video

Emergency Back-Up Video

Hi there

During webinar sessions, I have the help of remote Presenters.  I fear losing them mid-session, should the Presenter experience a connection issue.

I therefore record the rehearsal, and upload the recording to the video section, so that I can switch over to this in case of emergency.  

I appreciate I am not using the video repository for the purpose it was intended.  I don't think the system allows me to scroll to the part of the video where we lost the speaker so that we don't have to start from the beginning again.  I believe we have to play the video in its entirety - is this the case please, or have I just missed something?  Thanks very much.

7 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rach1  No, it's not currently possible to seek different positions within the video in advance of sharing it with your audience.  We can move this to the 'Ideas' section of the Community for later review.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Thank you Ash, I believe I can also place it on my desk top, and pick it up from there.  But to have it in the system, would be the ideal solution, if this could be considered in the future.  Many thanks.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Cut the video into multiple segments and then upload those video segments to your webinar.  That way you can play the segment you need if needed.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Thank you Chris.  Thank you for your suggestion. I believe I could also place the video on my desktop, keeping it open as a window, so that I can connect to it during a live session if required.  I believe this way, I may be able to scroll to the correct area?  I may run a test to check this.  Thanks.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If you play the video from your desktop, the audience will not hear the audio part of the video.  GoTo is supposed to be allowing this to happen in the near future.

You need to upload the video segments to the webinar to play from the GoTo cloud during the webinar.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Thank you Chris!  I did not know this.  Breaking the back up video into segments as you suggest, is quite a labourious workaround for the time being, but I see this is the only solution for now.  Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator