Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Recorded webinar live Q&A?

0 Kudos

Recorded webinar live Q&A?

Is that possible to host the recorded webinar but do the live Q&A at the same time?

Just want to make the attendees feel like it's a live webinar, and we can answer the questions in real-time.

7 Comments
markusedit
Active Contributor

Atendees can submit a question (a message will appear that within 24 hours you will get the answer) and the org. will receive it in a csv format, so He can only reply by email. So it is not a live Q&A.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You could host a regular webinar and just play a video.  That way you have live discussion via text in the Question box during the webinar, and can even have a live (with microphones) Q&A before and after the video.

Kat3
Active Contributor
Chris Droessler are you suggesting the Share Video option available within a standard webinar? Those that dial-in by phone for the webinar will not be able to hear the video's audio with that method will they?
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Yes, that is correct. I rarely have phone-in Attendees.

Another option is to use a second computer to play the video and use something like the ATEM Mini to send the second computer's output to the webcam input of the main computer. This works only if there is spoken content, GoTo will make music will sound bad.  Also this crops the edge of the video, but you can insert the video into a PowerPoint slide on the second computer and shrink the video size a little to avoid the cropping.  All of this has been discussed in these discussions.

DemandGenUtah

I've been using Goto Webinar for 6+ years now and one of my favorite features used to be using "simulated live webinars".  When they made the change to make those called "recorded webinars" it seems like some functionality got lost. One of which was the ability to have live Q&A as part of a recorded session or to simply be able to add panelists to the session to monitor chats & questions in the control panel. I really need this functionality back as the only way to do this now is by holding a live webinar and playing the recording on a second screen. Hardly a way to scale when you're doing multiple webinars a day or even if it's just a few times a week. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DemandGenUtah  Thanks, we know this is a popular request to enhance recorded webinar sessions.  As soon as we hear more about development we'll update the Community with the expected delivery. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator