cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Redirect everyone to a specific webpage automatically when the webinar ends

Redirect everyone to a specific webpage automatically when the webinar ends

Hi everyone, I've dug around and can't seem to find if it's possible with gotowebinar.
At the end of the webinar, I would like everyone directed to a web page. I know we can do this after registration, is there a way to do it at the end of the webinar?
Thanks for any assistance,

33 Comments
Jay_Elle
New Contributor

Hello,

This is the best Google search result I found on this topic. Is this possible yet on the GoToWebinar platform? We have webinars registrations that end all of the time that we would like to temporarily redirect users to while we make those webinar recordings available for on-demand viewing.

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello @Jay_Elle ,

While you can redirect registrants to a web page of your choosing, there is no option to open up a spefic url after the webinar disconnects.  If you need an immediate communication to all Attendees post-broadcast, I would suggest including the link to your web page in the Survey that you may schedule to trigger after the end of the GoToWebinar.

Furthermore, you may schedule a follow-up email that can include custom text or links within.

Jay_Elle
New Contributor

Hi AshC,

To clarify: I am wondering if re-directs can be setup  OR the existing "webinar registration has closed" landing page can be configured. This happens frequently, as we have the registration link promoted on a webpage (or email), and it can take 1-2 weeks to master the content and make it available on demand within our LMS. So instead of a user navigating to a past webinar link and seeing a "registration has closed" message, it would be nice to send them to our LMS or give them a message that "this content will be available soon...in the meantime, check out our other learning courses" type of messaging to give the user somewhere to go. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Jay_Elle  The only option when webinar registration has closed is to redirect those attendees to a recording of your choosing, setup on the original GoToWebinar's schedule (pulled from your list of My Recordings).  If you wanted your post-webinar registrants to watch a recording, you can add the recording after it has finished processing into your online account (My Recordings section), and still utilize the original registration link that was used pre-session.

Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

Wondering if any progress has been made to incorporate this feature in an upcoming version of G2W? It would be helpful. I know I can do this with a few other popular webinar providers.  I'm still a loyal fan of G2W, though.  Any updates?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Leigh Strinsky

The only redirect option currently is to show a pop-up survey immediately following your webinar, or send a follow up email with an website included within the custom text.

I'm going to move this post into the 'Community Ideas' section for future consideration.

Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

@AshC  Thanks!

ajbrown

I use Pre-Recorded / Simulated Live Webinars to deliver sales presentations. What stinks is there is no way to redirect people who watch the Pre-Recorded / Simulated Live Webinar to the call-to-action web page. What would be ideal is to schedule a button or link to appear at a certain time during the presentation. It will also be ideal to redirect people to a link if they leave the webinar before it ends or get to the end. If it is possible to deliver polling questions, survey questions, and handouts during a Pre-Recorded / Simulated Live Webinar event, why is it not possible to schedule a link or button to appear and redirect folks somewhere when they leave early or come to the end?

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator