Sort the attendees in the attendee report by their email address domain

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

It will be nice if we can sort the attendees in the Attendee Report by their email address domain, as it reflects in most of the cases their companies. It will be easier then to see who attended from where and calculate the average interest rate of each company. 

2 Comments
David Hunt
Active Contributor
As the report is in Excel, why don't you just select the rows where the attendee details are shown and sort them by "Company"? That is what I do.
JHB
Frequent Contributor
Some of us work in environments where people can write the organization name a lot of different ways. I'm in government so people can use 2 or 3 variations of the name plus acronyms. For instance Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Office the Comptroller, State of Texas Comptroller's Office, CPA.

After an event I clone the email column, rename it Domain, and use search/replace to strip off the @ and everything in front of it. A very few use personal accounts (Gmail, Yahoo) but attendees are supposed to use work addresses, so it works pretty well. It's not perfect, but it's the fastest way for me to standardize a list by organization.