cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

A Webinar Platform That Doesn't Have the Ability to Email Invites to Attendees??

I'm currently employing a free trial so this is my first time using GoToWebinar. Is it not completely odd (and frustrating) that you can't email the event invitation to attendees??? Your sharing options are either to A) share on social media, or B) copy the event info or link. There IS an option to email MYSELF..... great... but what's the point of emailing myself if I can't email my attendees?? I now have to recreate the entire invite in another email marketing platform. Very time consuming. I give this platform 3*
5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: A Webinar Platform That Doesn't Have the Ability to Email Invites to Attendees??

Hello,

Sorry for any confusion there!

While GoToWebinar does not specifically allow you to create contacts inside the account, it does handle services for reminders and followup Emails.  This is by design to prevent possible abuse of the GoTo Email services.  So the intention is that an Organizer would be responsible for marketing or publicizing their own events, and GoTo is responsible for keeping track of those who RSVP'd.

New Contributor

Re: A Webinar Platform That Doesn't Have the Ability to Email Invites to Attendees??

Thank you for your response. What is the purpose of being able to have an invite generated and sent to myself then if I can't send that email invite to others?
Respected Contributor

The purpose of the self-mailed invitation is so you would have the proper text to send to your email list.  Most businesses already have their own email system they use to email potential and actual customers.. 

I can't figure why I would want GoTo to do that for me.  That sounds like more work copying email addresses from my regular database and entering them in GoTo to send an invite. My email service can do that better than GoTo with IMHO less work for me.

PS - I never send the GoTo invitation to myself. All I need is the URL of the registration page, which I send out to folks using my own email system.

New Contributor

Most platforms allow you to upload a .csv file so you don't have to copy/paste all your contacts. I suppose that is what I was assuming GoToWebinar would allow me to do.

Re: extra work, I need to spend the time re-creating or copying/pasting the self-mailed invite onto another platform to send to my contacts anyway, so it sounds like either way, there is extra work involved here.

Respected Contributor

Dhope - Thanks for the extra explanation.