Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

0 Kudos

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

Quite a number of our association members are blind or visually impaired and use screen readers such as JAWS when they are using computers. The screen reader actually reads commands out loud so the user can make selections. They report difficulty in finding radio buttons to opt for the telephone number as an alternative, and they are not able to find the question box easily, raise their hand, etc.

Is Citrix working to correct this problem? If so, when might we expect a solution? We have some angry people.

33 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Ginger,

Sorry, but right now I am not aware of any development specifically for this issue. I will pass your feedback along to our team though.
Jeremy Grandsta
I am also interested in seeing this functionality improved. I use gotowebinar for conducting meetings, and as a blind person, am not able to use anything in the features section--I have to get someone to run the logistics as a result and cost myself money. Please assist.
John Spalding
Please look into this functionality issue. JAWS integration should be a reasonable request.
Ginger Croce
Active Contributor
I agree, John. We are trying another platform for an upcoming event which does not have the same functionality as GoToWebinar/Meeting but we must do so to accommodate our users who are visually impaired for this event.
Jeremy Grandsta
Please let me know how the new software works out for you. If I have to switch, I will.
Jeremy Grandsta
Hey goToMeeting Support, I have found ways to get access to some of the admin box when hosting meetings. I can probably help your tech support figure out how to address this. Please feel free to call me at 614-519-3026 or email me at jwg@SGEndeavors.com.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Linda Vincent
I am very interested in learning that GoToMeeting is entirely accessible with JAWS. Please Citrix support - work with Jeremy.
Ginger Croce
Active Contributor
Hi Linda,
Unfortunately it's not. I spoke with someone recently and they still have no plans to address the accessibility problems. But we will continue to ask while we look at other online webinar platforms that are more compatible with screenreaders.
steveofmaine
Curious if any progress has been made on this issue? I'm a blind screen reader user also unable to get anywhere within the G2M interface. To be fair, the iPhone app looks relatively accessible, however, I can't (and don't) always want to do everything from my iPhone. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Rebecca Clark
Are there any plans to address this issue soon? I see that with the mouse you can get a screen reader to read the some text on the interface but have not found a way to get to the interface using keystrokes. This is a major issue for both presenters and potential attendees for our organisation.