Webinar Staff "add to calendar" link for Google Calendar and Outlook ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

0 Kudos

The "Manage Webinar" page provides a link called "Add to Calendar".  In Google Chrome, the link just downloads an .ics file, which, doesn't help with Google Calendar.  It should either:

1. be change to a drop-down (similar to what you get when you register for a webinar) that includes "Add to Google Calendar" (among the other options included in on the register confirmation page) <or>

2. the link should be changed to be an actual ical link instead of just downloading an .ics file.

Thanks!

Bill

26 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi David,

You do not need to do anything special. The Panelists will receive an email invitation for the webinar and will be able to add it to their Google Calendar. The Add to Calendar option in the Panelist email downloads an .ics file that can be imported into any calendar application, including Google Calendar. 

David Bishop1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled add to calendar for Gmail for panelists.

I've been given two responses, both of which weren't helpful.    Below/attached are two screen shots sent to a Gmail account: one is for a participant/attendee (this works fine with Gmail) and the other for a co-organizer/panelists (this does NOT work for Gmail or at least my Gmail).  The issue is the latter only includes an ICS file, which when clicked on opens MS Outlook.  Can anyone help?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi David,

I apologize for the frustration, we should have been more detailed in our previous replies.

Trying to open an .ics file on a computer will always trigger it to launch the installed calendar software, Outlook on a PC and Calendar on a Mac. Since Google Calendar is a web based tool, you have to use it's import feature in order to add the .ics file to it.

At this time we only have add to Google Calendar options for attendees registering for the webinar, organizers and panelists need to import the .ics file into their calendar or have their Outlook/Calendar set to sync automatically with Google Calendar.

David Bishop1
Ok.  I kind of understand.  It's not clear why this feature can work fine for attendees, but not panelists.   The only difference i can see is who and how someone connects to an event, e.g., panelists are added by the organizer; whereas, attendees register themselves.   I'm not a tech guy, but this just seems strange.  The issue I have is when I have a panelist who uses Gmail, it makes me look bad to tell them this work around as it simply doesn't make sense to others.   I've already had one event rescheduled as the panelist book something else because this wasn't on their calendar.   When will this issue be addressed?  I really like GTW otherwise, but this could be the straw that breaks my back!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi David,
I'm sorry this feature is not currently under development, so there is no timeline associated.

Elena Pintilie
Hi, As an organizer, I used to be able to "Add the organizer details" to my Google calendar. Now, when I click on that, it opens the Microsoft Office Calendar. How do I switch back to the Google calendar? Thank you in advance.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Elena,
Sorry for that.  There is a slight difference in experiences seen between Organizers and Registrants of GoToWebinars, where Orgs can send themselves the Attendee invitation template via email, and publish them through several different media options-- but there is not an 'add to calendar' option on the Manage Webinar page.

Attendees on the other hand, do have the ability to add a GoToWebinar confirmation to several different calendar types after registering.

You will likely receive a reminder email from the system which you can then add to your calendar manually if you like.  This reminder will have your Organizer join link inside with instructions etc.

Joseph Shanabar
I have the GoToWebinar plug-in loaded into my Outlook.  I have a new PC now (3 months old) from last time I conducted webinars.  In my old laptop (with the plug-in), when I scheduled a webinar, it automatically added to my calendar so I would be prompted to start it on day of.  I click the link today to "Add or organizers calendar" and it is saving and ICS file to my local drive but nothing I try will actually add it to my calendar.  Please advise.  It's manual to copy and paste the details into my calendar.  Thank you.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Joseph,

The GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in is specifically for GoToMeeting, it does schedule or add GoToWebinars to your Outlook Calendar.

To add your webinar to your Outlook calendar, you need to double click the .ics file that is downloaded to your computer. Outlook will then ask you if you want to add it to your calendar.

acs_jay

Is there an easy way to automatically add new webinars to a google calendar that we have published?  Can't seem to figure it out.